Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
feanor387  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:03:01 PM(UTC)
feanor387

Groups: Registered

I am trying to remove the top shelf on my Frigidaire sid by side freezer. The shelf is a wire fram shelf with the 4 ends stuck into the sides of the freezer. I tried shifting the shelf to either side to get one end to come out but it is not coming out. How do you remove this type of shelf.

Thanks In Advance
Troy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

spam  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 3:57:25 PM(UTC)
spam

I know this is an old post, but I just figured out how to do this and I think other people might benefit from this information in the future. The geniuses at Frigidaire didn't bother to include such crucial information in the owner's manual so you have to figure it out on your own.

Anyway, my shelf had a black stopper piece of plastic stuck on the front-left side of the shelf. Once I removed this piece of plastic, I was able to shift the shelf just enough to the left side so the front-right side was able to come out of the little holes. Then I shifted it back a little and the back-right side came off too. Both wholes on the left side are deeper to allow this maneuver, although it is not apparent.

Just be careful, because the shelf legs barely come off of the holes and if you force them in or out, you can scratch the side walls of the freezer.
lamama1  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 5:52:59 AM(UTC)
lamama1

This is exactly the info I needed on how to move the shelf...thanks!!!
lpblue  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:56:28 PM(UTC)
lpblue

Originally Posted by: spam Go to Quoted Post
I know this is an old post, but I just figured out how to do this and I think other people might benefit from this information in the future. The geniuses at Frigidaire didn't bother to include such crucial information in the owner's manual so you have to figure it out on your own.

Anyway, my shelf had a black stopper piece of plastic stuck on the front-left side of the shelf. Once I removed this piece of plastic, I was able to shift the shelf just enough to the left side so the front-right side was able to come out of the little holes. Then I shifted it back a little and the back-right side came off too. Both wholes on the left side are deeper to allow this maneuver, although it is not apparent.

Just be careful, because the shelf legs barely come off of the holes and if you force them in or out, you can scratch the side walls of the freezer.

Thank you so much for posting this! I just came home from the store with a 20 pound bag of ice cubes that were melting because the bag was too heavy to put on my wire freezer rack and it wouldn't fit below the rack where it was. This worked like a charm and I got the ice in at the bottom of the freezer. :-)
jasneskis  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:35:23 PM(UTC)
jasneskis

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I needed. I needed to remove Frigidaire freezer shelf to pack food in large plastic bags to prepare for termite tenting.:)
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 2:21:20 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thank you...

I was able to remove the freezer rack on a Hotpoint model by lifting both the left-front and left-rear rack, then pushed it to the left, then it came right off...
#7 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2024 11:38:19 AM(UTC)

United States

Mine is designed similar but has two hard plastic anchor clips, one on each side of back of wire shelf, and I can’t remove them. They are so hard they are entirely inflexible. I have tried prying them open some to slide off with a screwdriver and needle nose pliers and they still won’t budge at all. This is ridiculously difficult making it impossible to move a shelf up and down. This should be an easy thing to do to accommodate various items. I have not been thrilled with several features of my side by side fridgidaire and doubt I’ll buy one again.
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2024 7:10:23 AM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
Mine is designed similar but has two hard plastic anchor clips, one on each side of back of wire shelf, and I can’t remove them. They are so hard they are entirely inflexible. I have tried prying them open some to slide off with a screwdriver and needle nose pliers and they still won’t budge at all. This is ridiculously difficult making it impossible to move a shelf up and down. This should be an easy thing to do to accommodate various items. I have not been thrilled with several features of my side by side fridgidaire and doubt I’ll buy one again.

Same problem I am getting pissed off! I cannot remove the black thing on freezer shelf. Does swearing help while trying to remove?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply