Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
martincregg  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2007 7:03:37 AM(UTC)
martincregg

Groups: Registered

Model number is JBP30A2WW.
As the Topic title says the broiler is not working. This went on for several months then suddenly the broiler came on when we switched on the oven. This eventually produced an error code - sorry forgot what that was.
I tried disconnecting the two wires to the broiler element but this also stopped the oven from working. I left it that way for 3 weeks and have just used the surface rings.

I have just reconnected the two wires to the broiler. It does not work but the oven does.

When I turn the dial to the broiler setting, I check the power and there does not seem to be any at the terminals that go to the broiler. (sorry about that bad English grammar!)

I was hoping to get the error code so I could report that here.

Not sure if this is enough / accurate info required for someone to help me but appreciate any tips...

The unit is around 10 years old.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.