Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonnie  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 9:53:24 AM(UTC)
jonnie

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher will start normally, (fill for a few seconds, then start washing) then after a few seconds it stops (panel still lit as usual) then after a few seconds it will start washing again, then after doing this a couple of more times it stops completely and panel just turns off completely. Then upon pressing start/cancel the dishwasher drains the remaining water in the bottom of the tub.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 10:14:44 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

First, check to make sure the electrical connections are all sound. Loose ground, or loose neutral can offer very puzzling symptoms. If the connections are good, check the integrity of the door switch. If all is well getting the power to the control board, I would suspect a faulty board. Part number: AP4009230
jonnie  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 12:42:43 PM(UTC)
jonnie

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
First, check to make sure the electrical connections are all sound. Loose ground, or loose neutral can offer very puzzling symptoms. If the connections are good, check the integrity of the door switch. If all is well getting the power to the control board, I would suspect a faulty board. Part number: AP4009230

ok thanks,
I checked electrical everyting is snug. How do i check the integrity of the door switch? The panel functions normally, I press the selections and the panel lights up as usual during the stop and start phase. The panel will turn off completely(goes blank) atfer a couple of the short stops and starts.

When I checked the latch on the door to make sure the door was shutting tightly, the door came open. I did'nt have to pull very hard either. Is this the issue?
magician59  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 1:05:29 PM(UTC)
magician59

Quite possibly so. When the door is unlatched, the power is cut to the unit. Sometimes, there are adjustments you can make to the latch/strike. If you have no apparent adjustment, you may need to replace the latch assembly.
jonnie  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 1:15:11 PM(UTC)
jonnie

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
Quite possibly so. When the door is unlatched, the power is cut to the unit. Sometimes, there are adjustments you can make to the latch/strike. If you have no apparent adjustment, you may need to replace the latch assembly.

okay thanks,

So, the door should not open at all if the latch clicks and shuts? Thanks for your help. How can I make the adjustment?
magician59  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:33:45 AM(UTC)
magician59

If your unit has any adjustibility, when you look at the strike (the piece that the latch meets to close the door), you'll see elongated holes where it attaches, or you will be able to bend it in the direction of the latch, for a more positive catch. If your latch seems weak, it should be replaced.
Part number: AP4264559