Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WayneA  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 8:31:44 PM(UTC)
WayneA

Groups: Registered

No H2O is flowing into icemaker. Water dispenser on door has water with plenty of presure. I've replaced both the water inlet valve and the control panel, which did not correct the problem. What should I do next? How can I determine if its a problem with the ice maker or someother part?

Many thanks,

WayneA.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:31:18 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: WayneA Go to Quoted Post
No H2O is flowing into icemaker. Water dispenser on door has water with plenty of presure. I've replaced both the water inlet valve and the control panel, which did not correct the problem. What should I do next? How can I determine if its a problem with the ice maker or someother part?

Many thanks,

WayneA.

When you look at the icemaker, the fingers that knock the ice out, should be just above the horizon of the ice maker on the right side. If not, replace the ice maker head. You can also jump it out and see if it runs. There is a hole marked M and a hole marked N. Get a wire about 9 inches long, and strip back both ends, and then put 1 end in M, and 1 end in N, and the front gear should turn. It will run a full cycle then fill. Also check the water tube where it drops water into the icemaker and see if it is not frozen. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
WayneA  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 5:32:26 AM(UTC)
WayneA

The extrator is turning and the water in the supply line is not frozen. Infact, no water is moving up the supply line (in the rear of the refrigerator) from the water valve, which I already replaced. Everything seems to be working ... the maker is just not filling. Are their any ohm meter tests on the icemaker itself to check?

WayneA
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:24:02 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

You can pull the 2 wires off water valve that goes to the icemaker, and stick your meter leads inside the spade connectors, then jump out the icemaker, and watch the meter, at the end of the cycle you should read 120 volts. When you jump out the icemaker, pull the jumper out after 10 seconds. No voltage, new icemaker. Be sure you have the water on
WayneA  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:40:43 AM(UTC)
WayneA

Kayakcrzy:

What do you mean "jump out the icemaker"? How do you do pull out the jumper? Why after 10 seconds?

Thanks, I really appreciate your advice.

WayneA