Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Krsolo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:16:13 AM(UTC)
Krsolo

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Fridgerator with the freezer on top, it will get cold and freeze everything like it should and then the next day everything is thawed even though the freezer is running but its not getting any colder and the fridgerator part seems a bit warmer than it should be but not bad. Then it will seem to fix itself and the next time you check it everthing is froze again. last night it was completely thawed out, this morning still everything was thawed when I left for work at 8:00 and then when I called home at 10:00 A.M. my wife said everything was froze again inc. the ice cubes. What might the problem be.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kooler  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:32:46 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

I've been bit in the rear on this problem before and after the fourth visit found a bad condenser fan motor... Same symptoms, food thawing in freezer but everything working fine when I get there... Try to observe what's working and what isn't the next time you have a 'thaw', use thermometers in each compartment instead of relying on just feeling the food products... APPros will have a motor for your model if it's bad...
Admin / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:49:41 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Krsolo's reply from email:

"Thank you very much, it always sounds like the fan motor is running, and you can feel the air blowing inside the freezer, but I suppose the condensor fan motor is seperate from the circulating fan so I wouldn't be able to hear the condensor fan over the circulator fan, would that be correct?"
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:34:37 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The condenser fan is on the back of the fridge, right next to the compressor and it must run when the compressor is running.

Remove the back cover to see if it works. You have to do it when the fridge is acting abnormal.

Also it's a good time to clean the condenser coil.

Here are the break down diagram showing the unit compartment for the GE refrigerator Model GTS22UBMBRCC

Gene.
Krsolo  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:35:14 AM(UTC)
Krsolo

Hello again, sorry about the dealy in response, the condensor fan is running when its acting up, and so is the circulation fan blowing into the freezer compartment, what isn't running is the compressor, which leads me to think either a compressor relay or a faulty defrost sensor as the culprit. I am able to trigger the compressor to kick in when its acting up by giving a "whack" with my hand by the upper relay compartment behind the freezer. When it is in defrost mode does the circulation fan run inside the freezer if so, I think the defrost mode might be the problem, running to long or to frequent.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply