Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
68rs327  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:56:40 PM(UTC)
68rs327

Groups: Registered

I am looking at a Used Imperial Commercial Grade Freezer that is 3 yrs old. The freezer looks great. The owner said he gave around $2000 for it new? Freezer has vaccum seal door, and alarm if temp gets to high and around 21 cubic feet.
My question is, I can't find much info. about Imperial Freezers? Are they any good or should I stay away from it? I want a freezer that will last for years and years. Asking price is $400. Would I be better off buying a new one at Sears or Lowes or will the Imperial brand be a better freezer?
Need help fast, looking at freezer this week. Thanks,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:25:30 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

I cant speak for the brand Imperial itself, I only work on residential refrigerators and freezers. But I can tell you with all confidence, that A: a commercial freezer is better built than a residential freezer; B: you will spend at minimum 2-3 times, including future repair costs, what you would have spent buying that used unit, including any repair costs for that unit, over the next 5 years. meaning, that if you buy a new one, its going to break down sooner, and more often, than that older unit. I will stake my reputation in saying that older unit has a longer useful life than one that is sitting in a showroom as you read this.

You can visit my website and ask any general refrigerator questions. www.FixMyFridge.net
carpenterBob  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 11:37:06 AM(UTC)
carpenterBob

I bought a second hand Imperial that had been purchased as part of a food plan. I paid $100 or $200 for it. It was at least several years old, at the time and has been sitting in my basement at Zero degrees F for 35 years. Never serviced in all of that time.
Dean Haustead  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:46:43 PM(UTC)
Dean Haustead

With its main focus on the design and manufacture of commercial-grade freezers for residential use, Broich Enterprises, Inc., has been producing Imperial appliances. The Imperial product line includes commercial-grade freezers and refrigerators and stainless steel BBQ grills. Imperial freezers and refrigerators are notably constructed of textured steel exteriors and powder-coated steel interiors for durability and ease of cleaning. Arctic Air, a division of Broich Enterprises, Inc supplies refrigeration equipment and accessories.
Dewbaby  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 4:29:57 AM(UTC)
Dewbaby

Originally Posted by: Dean Haustead Go to Quoted Post
With its main focus on the design and manufacture of commercial-grade freezers for residential use, Broich Enterprises, Inc., has been producing Imperial appliances. The Imperial product line includes commercial-grade freezers and refrigerators and stainless steel BBQ grills. Imperial freezers and refrigerators are notably constructed of textured steel exteriors and powder-coated steel interiors for durability and ease of cleaning. Arctic Air, a division of Broich Enterprises, Inc supplies refrigeration equipment and accessories.

I have one that was bought in 1983 at a K-Mart by my parents. When my Dad passed away, my mom gave it to us. It is a chest freezer. Point being it still runs good, these products are incredible.
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 10:05:33 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What number do i set it to
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 2:48:58 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

I have an imperial upright freezer that was from a food club plan like the person above. I paid $280 in 1992. It was already a couple of years old. The woman gave us her purchase receipt and she pain $1200. We are now going into 2022 and it has never skipped a beat.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 2:49:50 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

I have an imperial upright freezer that was from a food club plan like the person above. I paid $280 in 1992. It was already a couple of years old. The woman gave us her purchase receipt and she pain $1200. We are now going into 2022 and it has never skipped a beat.
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2022 5:16:10 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Me an my wife bought an Imperial upright commercial freezer in 1991. We still have it in our garage sitting in the same spot for 31 years. We have never had an issue with it and it is still running strong. It has flash freeze that still works also. It is one of the best investments we ever made.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply