Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trey1122  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 4:07:44 AM(UTC)
trey1122

Groups: Registered

My freezer is freezing but the refrigerator is warm. I have defrosted but the trouble returned in 2 days. The fan is working good, the door seals are good, we do not leave the door open very long but it keeps freezing up. I opened the back inside, the coil was a solid block of ice. Help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 4:27:48 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi trey1122,

Sounds like a defrost problem. One of the three defrost components has failed: defrost timer, defrost heater, or defrost thermostat.

Check out this post on a similar defrost problem. It'll tell you how to troubleshoot all three components to find out which one is bad. Or you can replace all three, if you'd rather pay a little more and spend less time on troubleshooting.

Important: Your refrigerator model is different from the one in the other post, so in order to get correct parts for your model use this link (you'll need to get a complete model number off the tag inside the fridge): Models starting with FRT18NNC

Let me know if you need additional info and don't forget to give us an update on how this repair goes :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply