Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
madashell  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 7:35:54 PM(UTC)
madashell

Groups: Registered

If your oven stopped working after using the self clean function, it's probebly not the thermal fuse.

after using my double oven my door was locked and there was no lights on the panel. I called the repair guy and he was able to unlock the door and said my problem was the thermal fuse. which he could not find but took me 5 minutes to google. the fuse was replaced and panel is working.
when power was restored to the unit it still said locked and that was cleared. everything seemed ok, fan works, lights, timmer, clock ect. until I tried to use it and it refused to heat,not both ovens just the top , bottom oven works fine.
So the not heating problem is not the thermal fuse! (note: it is the only one in the oven) please tell me and everyone, what else could be the problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 3:49:40 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD275PRB00 24" Built - in Electric Double Oven Std - Clean Lower Self - Clean Upper | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%208302068.pdf

[COLOR="Blue"]So the not heating problem is not the thermal fuse! (note: it is the only one in the oven) [/COLOR]

Both parts and tech sheet show a thermal device in-line with the elements.
Though the upper oven calls it a thermostsat it may be open.
remove power from the unit and the wire to one side of the thermostat and check it with a meter.

If it is OK or not included and the wiring is good, then odds are that the control board is toast.
I would also check that the temperature sensor is OK.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jhjohnson370  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:11:49 PM(UTC)
jhjohnson370

Groups: Registered

After reading a lot of posts on here, it seems the self clean feature may cause more harm than help. It started the journey I'm on and I doubt if I'll ever use it again. What is it about the self clean function that puts so much stress on the product?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply