Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StratLou  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:34:46 AM(UTC)
StratLou

Groups: Registered

Hi All. First time user.

Would appreciate your help with this problem on my Bosch SHU6805UC/U12 dishwasher.
The unit counts down to 1 and then hangs there indefinitely but keeps circulating. Upon opening the door, it can be seen that sudsy water remains filling the bottom of the tub. Also the water is hot and was being circulated but will not drain (or rinse?). There is what sounds like a rhythmic "vaccuum" noise as well, probably just the pump working.
After this was observed, I tried a different approach as per the owners manual. I turned the d/w on and then pressed the "scrub wash" and "delicate buttons" at the same time to reset the wash cycle to the beginning and drain the tub. Now all I get is "2H" in the indicator window when I try to start a new cycle. If I let it run, it appears to fill and begin the wash function. The water now only gets warm and not hot. Also, it begins to count down, at one point (45 mins? don't remember exactly) down to 1 and won't go to zero. Any idea if I need to perform any more specific tests? What would need repair/replacement as a result. Thanks very much for any help you can give me.
Regards,
Lou
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:24:36 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sounds like a classic case of Bosch's "controlmodulitis". Common problem. I smell recall in the air, but my guess is it's gonna stink for a while before the recall is issued.

New Bosch control module is #1 on this diagram
StratLou  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:58:50 PM(UTC)
StratLou

Ran through the steps in the dishwasher troubleshooting chart and came up with a code "2" displayed which is a heating fault (the wash water never even got warm during the test cycle). In addition to the control module, could there be anything else that failed and would need replacing as well or is the control module, in this case, responsible for the no heat as well as the not counting down to zero issues. Many thanks again.
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:50:26 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Usually, the thing that fails is the heater resistor on the module itself. That is why you're getting a "heating" related error. You can visually inspect the board and will probably notice the burnt out resistor.
WaiverWire  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 5:28:15 AM(UTC)
WaiverWire

I had the exact same problem 3 years ago on by Bosch SHU5315....and it started again last night. Last time I had to replace the module, and am planning on doing the same again.

Question....I have noticed that the part may be a little different when it comes to the light configuration. Is it still as easy to replace as the older model part???
kellman@nyc.rr.com  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:35:10 PM(UTC)
kellman@nyc.rr.com

I have the same problem and it is also 7 years old. Was there a recall? If so, please send me the information. Thank you.
WaiverWire  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 7:18:05 PM(UTC)
WaiverWire

kellman........sorry no recall.

I have had to replace mine twice. I have been told to be more careful when using the stainless steel spray cleaner on the front.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply