Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chamounixalicat  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 12:30:29 PM(UTC)
chamounixalicat

Groups: Registered

The icemaker in my 9-year-old Frigidaire side by side is not making ice. Water dispenses fine from the H2O dispenser, and the motor turns. The little metal arm that shuts off icemaking when the bin is full is in its proper, lowered position. Lifting it and letting it back down did not reset anything. We don't use much ice in winter, so I'm not sure when this happened. But a couple weeks back I did pull the unit forward from its little nook (in order to check for mice!) so it's possible that in pushing it back in I somehow pressed a valve or something and that's caused a kink or shutoff in feeding water to the icemaker. But as I say, the regular water dispenser works fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

chamounixalicat  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:04:40 PM(UTC)
chamounixalicat

Groups: Registered

So I pulled the fridge out from its nook and saw that the plastic tube that feeds the icemaker had been pulled out of the little fixture through which the water then disappears into the machine, up toward the top of the unit, in back.

But even though I plugged it in, water did not start flowing into the ice maker. I unplugged the unit, replugged it. Nothing flowing. I even pulled the little tube back out and gave it a little suck, siphon-style! But that did not persuade any water to come up.

Is it possible that it only sends water at some point in its cycle, and until it hits that point in the cycle, water won't get pushed up into the freezer?

Or is there some sort of pump unit inside the icemaker itself that burned itself out because no water was feeding it? (That seems hard to believe -- isn't there just one pump in these machines, and it pushes water up from the base?)

Thanks for your thoughts
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply