Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdogger  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:59:47 AM(UTC)
jdogger

Groups: Registered

I have a wire harness that has several broken wires near the bottom of the freezer door that have been damaged over time. The water line was orginally broken but many others were partially cut also. I have been trying unsucessfully to reattached the wires with some butt connectors but they will not stay together after opening and closing the door several times. The result is no water, no ice, no light. These are very hard to splice as they are right near the enrty into the door.

I'd like to know if the wire harness can be replaced or do I need to purchase the entire freezer door. It looks like there is not a connection at the bottom of the door to release. but I could be wrong. It enters into an elbow that is screwed to the bottom.

I found wire harness AP3133416 made by WHIRLPOOL per a diagram I saw, but this does not look like the wire harness I need.

Any help is appreciated
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jdogger  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 6, 2008 12:38:39 PM(UTC)
jdogger

thanks in advance
Gene  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 12:16:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In order to replace the wire harness - the inner door panel has to be removed. Unfortunately the freezer door in your fridge does not come apart by design and the only solution is to replace the whole door.

In order to provide the right part number for the freezer door I need the color of the unit.

You can find the complete instructions on how to remove the freezer door in the service manual (page 4-23).

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool refrigerator Model GC5SHGXKT00

Gene.
jdogger  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 5:21:14 PM(UTC)
jdogger

Color is Biscuit on Biscuit. This is too bad. The repaiman who serviced my refrigerator initially said he fixed this issue but I later came to find out he just used electrical tape to hold them together. I wonder if it is worth the try to solder/splice some new wires. It is almost better to just buy a new fridge.

If you can provide the part number for a door this would be great

Thanks Gene!
Gene  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 7:44:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The part number for the freezer door is AP3139807 . The price is $509.73

Gene.
FixingIt  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 2:14:17 PM(UTC)
FixingIt

I may have the same problem only mine is a Frigidaire M/N: FRS24ZSGB0.
I have no water/ice/light. I have not checked the connection, but it worked this past weekend when I unfroze the drain plug in the freezer. Is it possible to replace the wire harness or is it the door for me too. Would it be possible to splice in a new connector?