Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
severseas  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:41:48 AM(UTC)
severseas

Groups: Registered

During washcycle it will turn off completely, no pumps, no LEDs, no display. If you leave it alone it will restart in an hour or so and finish the cycle. Lately it's "break time" has been extending - it's time to fix it. Control Panel?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:34:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Have you tried to play with any buttons and/or open and close the door or to do anything else in order to restart the dishwasher?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Bosch SHU43C07 UC/14 (FD 8211-) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
severseas  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:34:53 PM(UTC)
severseas

Hi Gene,

I have tried all those thing mentioned below - different wash cycles, opening the door closing and restarting. power on/off.

Sometimes it will restart immediately, othertimes it will click and all the lights will be off, just like it was before the intervention. If I leave it alone, it will eventually restart and finish the cycle.

When the Dishwasher restarts, it begins in the cycle exactly where it left off, which tells me that the controller board is probably not loosing power completely.
Thanks
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:29:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

I would check all parts and wires involved in the power supply. I would start from the dishwasher junction box, behind the toe panel on the right side and go up through the door panel and control panel. This is a hard problem to diagnose and, hopefully, it's not hidden.

Gene.
severseas  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:46:33 AM(UTC)
severseas

Just an update ... I haven't had the time to take it apart and trace the wiring yet. The last couple of times that it stopped, I can turn the unit on and off by tapping just left of the door handle (right of the power switch). Right now I'm thinking the problems lies with the door handle safety switch.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 2:19:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: severseas Go to Quoted Post
Just an update ... I haven't had the time to take it apart and trace the wiring yet. The last couple of times that it stopped, I can turn the unit on and off by tapping just left of the door handle (right of the power switch). Right now I'm thinking the problems lies with the door handle safety switch.

Very possible. This is the first thing I would check too.

Gene.
severseas  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:08:22 AM(UTC)
severseas

Problem has been fixed. It wasn't the safety switch. I found that I could turn the unit on and off by jiggling the connectors to the control box. I pulled the connectors and increased the contact force between the connectors and Printed circuit board by sqeezing the connector contacts together (wiring harness side) with a tweezer.

Problem Solved - succesfully ran through ten cycles with out stopping.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 10:53:40 AM(UTC)
Gene

I'm glad you were able to fix it. Thank you for the feed back.

Gene.