Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xcyclerepair  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 3:51:06 AM(UTC)
xcyclerepair

Groups: Registered

Hey all, I have this washer that i can not figure out I just replaced a lot of stuff but still at the beginning of the spine cycle I get this grinding noise like a food grind in the sink, and it kind of has a skip beat sound to it (ginds then lightens up, grinds, lightens up) then goes away at full spin. Heres what i have done so far. Replaced suspension pads, trany, clutch, coupler from motor to trany, grommets all four on motor, and t bearing. now I tried this last night and found that when the spin starts I can hold the tub still with just placing my had on it. Doesn't seem right being i just put a new clutch on it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

CJ
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 5:46:10 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Wow, I am not sure what to tell you except to check the brakes which may be hanging up. See the Sticky by Richappy at the top of the page.

On you way in check the drive blocks, but I am betting on the brakes/brake spring.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:16:50 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would do the tranny coupler test in my sticky above "replacing direct drive washer brake shoes" I would fix it before the motor burns out.
xcyclerepair  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 2:24:55 PM(UTC)
xcyclerepair

Groups: Registered

So I found it out. Apparently the brake shoe was out of the clip/tab. The shoes have these little tabs that keep them in place and it was on the wrong side of the tab. Apparently it happened when I had knocked it down to expose the shoes for inspection and didn't notice one of them had dislodged itself to the wrong side of the tab. Once fixed the motor retaining clip or spring (there's two top and bottom) broke at the bend of the sping part causing the motor to dislodge and brake the coupler. So I replaced the clip and coupler and all is working great now. The only part I am waiting on now is the tub ring cause the bleach dispensor had a hole in the bottom from deterorization. The electric sensor had rusted and failed so bleach was just sitting in it then started to over flow. Got that all cleaned up and now waiting for the part. it is on back order. Course they said 4-6 days it would be in and then shipped but its been a week now and still nothing. That thing wasn't cheap eithor. Anycase we have clean clothes now and don't have to cut off another limb to do laundy at the laundry mat.

CJ:D
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 2:46:51 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well, sorry you are having to wait on parts, but glad you got it figured out and fixed.

Thanks for the update, is helpful for us and viewers going forward.