Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slove66  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:05:24 PM(UTC)
slove66

Groups: Registered

The unit does not cool at all. I can hear a fan running - but not cold at all. Shortly after we purchased the unit, it stopped cooling and the tech stated it had a low side leak and replaced the piercing valve cap. 4 months later, same issue, unit stopped cooling. This time the tech replaced the compressor, Evaporator and drier tubing. Would love some advice on troubleshooting before I call the repair guy, again!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fixtec90  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 4:19:35 AM(UTC)
fixtec90

Groups: Senior Expert

Unless you have frost built up on the back wall of your freezer you'll still have a sealed system problem. If it's a leak that took went 4 months without notice it's unlikely your servicer will find it. The only thing to do is ask them to replace the filter w/ one that has a dye pack. Than they can drop by in a week or two see if any dye is coming out of joints. I would be sure to use an authorized servicer and ask him to call tech line to document the problem and ask for an exchange. Exchange is not likely but always worth a try. If you started having problems under warranty you have a shot.
slove66  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 8:35:59 PM(UTC)
slove66

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Fixtec! After posting my question last night, I removed the back panel on the unit and noticed that the insulation aroud the compressor was partially melted and the compressor is hot to the touch. I have heard that this model is notorious for compressor issues. Does the above sound like a common issue?