Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mastertech  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:17:33 PM(UTC)
mastertech

Groups: Registered

Hey Matt,
No you didn't confuse me at all. I understood what you were talking about. As you suggested I took apart the timer and looked at the contacts. As you had stated the first 3 are burned to all hell just like points burned in autos before HEI ignition. There is no saving these, they melted together and look as if the contact buttons came off the lower contact and melted to the flexile ones. I would say this caused a loss of connection and power. I have ordered a new timer and will kepp you informed as to the outcome when I install it.Thanks for all your help.
Keith
Matt S  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:50:23 PM(UTC)
Matt S

Groups: Senior Expert

Glad you found it!

It is good to see someone willing to crack into a tough problem and fix it.

Keep me posted. :cool:

Matt
mastertech  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 3:29:40 PM(UTC)
mastertech

Groups: Registered

Well Matt I think my washer proved us both wrong LOL I recieved the timer today and installed it. To my astonishment the washer still only hummed. I had bought the capacitor as well just for safe measure and sure enough I took the case off, installed the capacitor and the washer started right up. I am not suire if the motor went bad, burning up the capacitor and timer but I guess I should have started with the simplest and cheapest item first. I should know this cause in truck repair I alwayt
start with the basics first in diagnosing, don't always condem the most expensive item first. Oh well,live and learn huh? Oh, and one for the books, the capacitor had know sign of "soot" coming from it and yet still had gone bad.
Keith