Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wilson  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:45:01 PM(UTC)
Wilson

Groups: Registered

I actually have two issues. The first is the F2 - error code. The range seems to have a mind of it's own and will flash this error code even when the range is not being used. We reset the code by hitting the Clear/Off button but the code comes back after a few moments. We have to do this repeatedly until it finally stops. We had a repair person come out and was told we probably needed a new clock assembly, which is NLA, therefore, we should just buy a new range.
The second issue is the model number on the range. It is RF725G0P1BG. This number was taken directly off the range. I have not been able to find this model number anywhere. Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:32:03 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wilson,

GE (Hotpoint) model numbers are not always the same between what's on the tag and what's in the database. Your model number RF725G0P1BG comes up as RF725GP1 in the database. Click here to view your model.

F2 could mean that one of the relays is bad on the clock board. It could also mean that the oven sensor is not making proper connection with the board, so check that as well.

You're right, this clock is no longer available. However, you can probably have your old clock rebuilt. Contact CGI Industries in IL (sorry, no phone number).

This range looks to be around 14-17 years old (maybe 20). Depending on how much you'd have to pay to get the old clock rebuilt, it may not be a bad idea to get a new range instead.

Hope this helps.
Wilson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:24:58 PM(UTC)
Wilson

Is it possible that the oven sensor is bad?
Is the oven sensor the same as the temperature sensor?
Can you tell me color code on the wires leading from the oven sensor to the clock/oven control board?
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:49:00 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
Is it possible that the oven sensor is bad?
The sensor is probably OK.

Quote:
Is the oven sensor the same as the temperature sensor?
Yes

Quote:
Can you tell me color code on the wires leading from the oven sensor to the clock/oven control board?
I don't know what color the sensor harness wires are on your model. The sensor should have two thin wires that come together in a small plug at the clock.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply