Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eaton11727  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 8:40:44 AM(UTC)
eaton11727

Groups: Registered

its making hollow ice and when it does this the water in the center of the ice goes all over the other ice and frezzes all over the other ice and causes a big clump then the arm gets stuck in the clump and keeps on trucking ice all over i cheacked the temp it it is running around -5F if the water was slow wouldnt the ice just be smaller rather than hollow
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Matt S  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:13:06 AM(UTC)
Matt S

Groups: Senior Expert

If the ice maker does not get enough water, the mold will not fill up all the way and the last cube in the mold will remain empty. That last cube in the mold is what warms the mold and tells the internal icemaker thermostat that it is full of water. If that cube is not full of water, the ice maker thermostat thinks the ice is frozen (because the mold gets very cold there due to no water present) and the ice maker cycles through prematurely.

You need to figure out why you are not getting enough water to the ice maker. that can be from a restriction somewhere inside or outside the refrigerator.

I have also seen a reverse osmosis system not give enough pressure to an ice maker and cause this problem. If you have an osmosis system hooked to the icemaker, or a filter of some kind, make sure those are not in need of filter replacement.

Matt
eaton11727  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 1:28:09 PM(UTC)
eaton11727

this sounds right to me i have a 1/4 plastic line and water pressure is not the best here so im going to get a 3/8 line and see if that will help before i ask the water co. to turn up my meter thank you ill let you know how it works out
Matt S  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 1:33:01 PM(UTC)
Matt S

It is not the diameter of your line that is causing it. 1/4 inch is the correct diameter. You have a restriction somewhere else.

Do you have an inline filter? Sometimes it is the saddle valve on the pipe that the line attaches to. That saddle valve may be restricted at the hole in the pipe.

Matt
eaton11727  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:05:27 PM(UTC)
eaton11727

yes your right all i needed to do was hook the line directly in to the line not using the saddle punch small hole cause the water presure isnt the best hear but i think i got it fixed now thank you so much ill let you know the next few days
Matt S  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:52:45 AM(UTC)
Matt S

Glad you go it.

Keep us posted!

Matt
eaton11727  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:23:02 AM(UTC)
eaton11727

you are right about not enoght water its working perfect for 3days now its ok thank you for the help hope this can help someone else