Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
plow509  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 6:53:55 PM(UTC)
plow509

Groups: Registered

My washer started by not going through the drain and spin cycle. It would agitate then spin and refill but then shut off still full of water. I would turn timer to the spin cycle and then it would drain and spin and be done. Now it is getting worse and it just keeps agitating all the way till it gets to the off position then shut off full of water. As the timer advances through all of the cycles nothing seems to change until it gets to the off position. I am new and don't know much about washers but in my mind all of the cycles seem to work fine when they actually work. So I am thinking they are not being told to switch cycles which leads me to think it may be the timer or whatever tells the cycles to change. A new timer is $98 so I am not too eager to start throwing parts at it until I am pretty sure what the problem is. Does anyone know a good way to test a timer or confirm it is the problem or not? Does anyone have any ideas of what else it might be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.