Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smave46  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 5:58:10 AM(UTC)
smave46

Groups: Registered

My frig runs non-stop. I can hear the compressor running all day. I do not know if this is normal or not. The problem I am having is the evap coils keep freezing up every 2 weeks(causing the frig to get warm) and I have to dissconect the frig, remove the back panel in the freezer and manually defrost the coils. I have had to do this 5 times in the last 2 months. It seems as if the frig wont go into a defrost mode. Is this because the compressor is always running?
Pleaese note that the frig won't shut off even when I turn the temp control all the way down to zero which is supposed to be off. I first noticed that the compressor wouldn't shut off the first time I tried to defrost the coils. I turned the digital temp contoller to zero and waited for the coils to melt on their own but they stayed frozen even with the freezer door open. Does this meean I have a problem with my controll board? Is there a way to test my board to see if that is the problem or does anyone have any other ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Active Appliance  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:04:07 AM(UTC)
Active Appliance

Groups: Registered

It seems like you have a problem with the defrost system. It coule be one of three things: defrost control, defrost thermostat, or defrost timer.

Hope this helps,
Dmitriy
Gene  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:15:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
All major functions in your fridge are controled by the main control board and most likely the problem is there.

- The part number for the main control board is AP4318990

Gene.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 4:09:49 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My parts service site shows a defrost timer near the controls in the fridge section, locate it and turn till it goes into defrost, then check your freezer heater for defrost action, if none, you have a bad heater or defrost thermostat, if it defrosts, replace the defrost timer.