Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Abaco  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:03:27 AM(UTC)
Abaco

Groups: Registered

I have just ordered a replacement timer control assembly from AppliancePartsPros.com Part Details - MAYTAG Timer/4 cycle, part number: AP83145

How do I get the knob off of this part. When I turn it counter clockwise, either pushed in or pulled out it just spins.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jgreen  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:25:19 PM(UTC)
jgreen

On mine you have to have knob pushed in , then turn counter clockwise to remove. Question for you, why did you have to replace timer?
I am having problems and I think it is the timer /swith control.
washer fills, then it should start to wash(agitate) but doesn't all the time. You can here the timer clicking but it won't wash. If I turn knob over to perm press wash it will wash a little then stop, if I turn knob a little it will start again to wash. Then it goes thru spin cycle it seems ok.
Abaco  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 8:39:47 AM(UTC)
Abaco

Hi jgreen,

Thank you for your info. I was able to get the knob to finally screw off after alot of trying. Knowing that it did screw off allowed me to be persistant enough to remove it.

The timer was working correctly as far as the wash cycles go, but the knob no longer worked when you wanted to turn the timer from one type of cycle to another. To do this you had to press hard on the larger plastic ring under the knob to get it to turn. I think that the ratchet latch inside of the timer finally wore out. My guess is that it is plastic and was probably designed to fail later in its life. Therefore I am replaceing a mostly working part because they used a cheap little plastic part in side the timer.

Again, Thanks for your response.
Ronald Windham  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:22:44 AM(UTC)
Ronald Windham

Originally Posted by: Abaco Go to Quoted Post
Hi jgreen,

Thank you for your info. I was able to get the knob to finally screw off after alot of trying. Knowing that it did screw off allowed me to be persistant enough to remove it.

The timer was working correctly as far as the wash cycles go, but the knob no longer worked when you wanted to turn the timer from one type of cycle to another. To do this you had to press hard on the larger plastic ring under the knob to get it to turn. I think that the ratchet latch inside of the timer finally wore out. My guess is that it is plastic and was probably designed to fail later in its life. Therefore I am replaceing a mostly working part because they used a cheap little plastic part in side the timer.

Again, Thanks for your response.

I have a Maytag MDL MDE 7400AYW Dryer with a defective timer PN AP 3458419 (Maytag PN 33002803) and turning the knob counterclockwise doesn't seem to work. Instead of coming off, it just makes a ratcheting sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:05:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Ronald,

Carefully pull out the cap from the timer knob. Using a small screwdriver, push in the center piece of the timer shaft and pull the knob out.

There are two different timers used for this model. The right part number should be chosen by the serial number. If you are not sure the part number 33002803 is the right one then post the serial number of the dryer and I'll find it for you.

Gene.
Ronald Windham  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 4:23:18 AM(UTC)
Ronald Windham

Good morning, Gene,

The Serial Number for the dryer is: 19729588CL.

Thanks for your quick response.

Ron
Gene  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 5:24:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Ron,

The part number 33002803 is the right one.

Gene.
Cyclones68  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:37:20 PM(UTC)
Cyclones68

I have a maytag washer model #pavt244aww serial# 10295256cp how do I remove the timer knob
Gene  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:51:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Cyclones68 Go to Quoted Post
I have a maytag washer model #pavt244aww serial# 10295256cp how do I remove the timer knob

The timer knob in your washer threads onto the timer shaft and is removed by turning it in CCW direction.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG PAVT244AWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Julie Holland  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:49:13 PM(UTC)
Julie Holland

I have a Maytag Performa Washer Model # PAVT244AWW and Serial # 22473611GA. Our timer has completely gone out. It will not push in or pull out. In order to wash a load of clothes, we have to push on the main part and move it manually. I have tried to turn the knob counter clockwise and have been unable to remove it. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply