Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Axle  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 10:45:03 AM(UTC)
Axle

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Our dishwasher wouldn't start - after research, replaced main control board (part # AP3133674) which had a 'burned' component along with the fuse (part # AP3115175). After board replacement, Dishwasher ran for a few months then developed another problem.

Second issue - This time, the dishwasher would start to 'run' as soon as you latched the door. It sounded like a normal cycle start-up without any running water. This would continue until door was opened. I was unable to get the dishwasher to run normally by making selections on the keypad. I replaced the main board a second time. The dishwasher returned to normal operation and worked fine for two weeks then developed another problem.

Third issue - the dishwasher won't start again. It is acting like the first issue, with no response from the keypad.

Can you suggest what might be causing the recurring issue(s) that keep blowing the control board and point me to possible solutions I can pursue?

Thanks,

Axle
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 2:35:53 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KUDS24SEBS4 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%209743964.pdf

And the manual
https://secured.whirlpoo...567fd2/$FILE/4317196.pdf

It does sound like something is taking out the boards. The problem is finding that something.

First you have to find out what the current problem is.
Could be the control board but may also be the keypad.
Check the thermal fuse, it should be 0 ohms.
If blown then another board may have bit the dust.

If you remember which component blew in problem 1, trace it back on the board to the plug and it may give you a clue as to what is causing the problem. Most likely the motor or one of the wax motors (vent and detergent dispensers, I think). May even be the fill valve as you had a no fill problem.

Is the unit on a separate line? If not what else is on the line. If it is an appliance that can draw a fair amount of current, it could be that it is putting voltage spikes on the line and taking out the boards.

You could try plugging the unit into a surge protector to ensure voltage spikes do not get into the unit.

Check the voltage on the line, if it is low this also could cause boards to blow.

You could check the various parts in the unit for resistance perhaps one of them is drawing too much current. On the motor windings be sure to also check them to the case and to each other to ensure you do not have a winding that is shorting to something else.

You could use a clamp on amp meter to see if the unit draws too much current on any part of the cycle.

Check that no moisture is getting into the electronics.

Carefully check that the wiring going from the control to under the unit is in good shape. Could be a couple of them are worn and short to each other every once in a while.

Your problem is a repair nightmare as it is intermittent.
If the unit is on a separate line and you are confident that the power is correct I would recommend you replace the unit.

Odds of finding an intermittent problem can be slim and this thing is costing you a fortune in boards.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply