Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tricks  
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:09:25 PM(UTC)
tricks

Groups: Registered

I'll have to make due with the screws I have, every where was closed, I think i can find a few screws here if I need to. One other thing I noticed, when I unscrewed the drum not only did the ball hitch come off of the drum, but the heat shield fell free in behind the drum when I unscrewed the screws on the far outer edge of the drum. So it seems I'll have to use the screws that attach the drum... wait those outside screws don't attach the drum to anything do they, because the drum couldn't turn if they did, they just hold the heat shield on right? so what holds the drum in place the ball hitch? so I just attach the heat shield to the drum before I put it in by using those outer screws, do you understand what I'm saying?
sidfink43  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:12:07 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Not really, but the drum is held in place by the ball hitch and the belt and the front.
tricks  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:34:53 PM(UTC)
tricks

you see I thought when I took it apart the screws that I took out from the back of the drum were holding the drum in place, where as if I'm correct, one set holds the heat shield and the other towards the center hold the ball hitch, both of which I should attach before putting the drum back in place.
sidfink43  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 5:32:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes, the heat shield attached to the side and base of the cabinet.
tricks  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:23:39 PM(UTC)
tricks

I was speaking of the heat shield that attaches to the back of the drum, I have the drum in and the belt back on, but we had to stop, seems we have the wrong kind of vent adapter. I have to extend the ductwork, I have no idea how they attached it to the dryer it's just not long enough because of the little area the dryer has to be pushed back into, but no biggie, I'm sure I just about have it now, thanks so much for all the help.
tricks  
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:04:31 AM(UTC)
tricks

Well things were put on hold a few days because of my back. We ran into a few problems,one the duct work hooking back up, but kinda rigged that to work for now. The other thing is that old felt does not want to come off!!! there is one section left hanging, acetone didn't work..any ideas or just more elbow grease I'm not sure I have LOL
tricks  
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:41:53 AM(UTC)
tricks

Totally off topic here but damn my luck, along with the dryer breaking, my dishwasher broke and the hot water heater, today I went in the bathroom turned on the hot water and nothing came out! The pipes are frozen!!!
dleague  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 4:49:20 PM(UTC)
dleague

You wouldn't happen to have the PDF maintenance manual for the Frigidaire Dryer FDE216RES1. I looked over what you posted here and its the manual for the stackable washer/dryer combo. My dryer is separate and is making a loud high pitch squealing noise and just a couple days ago started making a thumping sound like something is loose and just rolling around inside. Im wondering if its the same thing as this person is experiencing?
tricks  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 7:54:20 AM(UTC)
tricks

I searched here http://www.frigidaire.com/manuals but didn't find it, you may want to try it yourself or go to that page and email them, they say they can send you what you need if you can't find it. The loud squeaking sounds like mine did, but I don't know about the thumping sound, could be the plastic housing that holds the bearing came loose or the felt on the front of the drum might be wore, someone else on here can tell you more, good luck.
tricks  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 7:58:41 AM(UTC)
tricks

Here ya go, I found this after doing a search on Google FDE216RES1 That should help ya some I hope.