Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jim_c  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 8:51:36 AM(UTC)
jim_c

Groups: Registered

I have a maytag neptune clothes washer for some reason the machine will not go to the speed spin cycle at the end of wash. I have already checked to make sure it is level,checked drain pumpand hose for blockage, performed a R11/Q6 repair to the control board. After I did the R11/Q6 repair now and then it would goto the speed rinse cycle, sometimes I would have to turn the dial to the spin cycle two orthree times to extract water now it never goes to the spin cycle . whats next thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 1:42:38 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You may have blown out the board again if you failed to replace the wax motor!
Info for this is at www.neptunewaxmotor. com
jim_c  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 10:05:01 AM(UTC)
jim_c

when I did the r11 q6 repair it camewith the waxmotor ,door light bulb. Ater I performed this R11/Q6 repair it would go to the spin cycle probably every other load, sometimes I would turn the dial back spin cycle and I could get it to extract water. Now I have noticed when the wash cycle is complete ,door locked light is off,on light is off,delay light is off when I turn the dial depending on where Im at on dial It will start adding water It acts as if it never shut off.I checked R11/Q6 they look to be good. thanks again for help
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2008 3:00:51 AM(UTC)
richappy

You may have messed the board up when you repaired it, these are very dense boards. Also it contains a few other triacs that can fail.
Go to web site Maytag No Spin Problem - Alternate Solution - Appliance Blog Forums
to get an elcheapo repair!
Please post your results.
jim_c  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2008 8:26:32 AM(UTC)
jim_c

They say I need to install 200 ohm 10 watt resistor . Where would I get this at. Site did not say where I could buy this item. thanks for the help jimc
richappy  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2008 1:00:43 AM(UTC)
richappy

I bought mine at Radio Shack. I think I got two 100 ohm resistors and will stick them in series. I think they where 5 watt each. Or get two 400 ohm resistors at 5 watt each, stick them in parallel.
jim_c  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:42:47 AM(UTC)
jim_c

hi again I have my 200 ohm 10 watt resistor, I understand I need to connect 1 end of the resistor to the P7-4, the other end needs to connect to the black wire on start/stop switch theres two black wires going to one terminal however there is some kind of resistor between two terminals on that switch which is smaller gauge wire with black casing. If its the two black do I tie into one or both looks to be one might go to dial not sure where other goes to. thanks again for help
richappy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:36:36 PM(UTC)
richappy

Just tie it to one of the black wires on the switch, all you are looking for is 115 volts to the wax motor when the switch is turned on.
jim_c  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:22:06 AM(UTC)
jim_c

Hi again I have installed the 200 ohm 10 watt resistor, when I push start/stop switch machine will begin to fill with water and stop after minute or two, it will do this thru entire wash cycle, thanks for help
richappy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:20:10 AM(UTC)
richappy

Now you will have to use the data sheet behind the control panel and do some tests. You might want to see if the water inlet screens are clogged up.