Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Moki  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 11:57:03 AM(UTC)
Moki

Groups: Registered

I have a couple of volunteers from my church here rignt now fixing the wiring on the back of a refrig that was given to me (almost brand new!) I had it on my back porch, as I was finishing putting in new flooring in my kitchen, and my dog chewed off all the exposed wiring, tubes, etc.

The guys have replaced most all of the wiring, they feel it was pretty apparent what went where, but they would like to be sure. There is one ground wire that is now really short and there is no evident area nearby that it goes to, however he found a place at the compressor(?) on the other side that looks like it might go there.

Can I get schematics /drawings of the electrical that would help us here or, could I post some pics and have someone tell me if it's put back together correctly, or do you have any suggestions? I would like to get this finished today (3/01/08) so hopefully someone out there knows about wiring and the tubes for the automatic water and the icemaker. It's only the "chewable" items at the back that were chewed off, so pics might work?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:57:43 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
Can I get schematics /drawings of the electrical that would help us

Try putting in your model number at ApplianceJunk.com to find a diagram.
Moki  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 3:48:28 PM(UTC)
Moki

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply, ApplicanceJunk, I tried to locate information on that site, but couldn't find anything that applies. I see you're on some other appliance forums, thanks for the info! I'm trying to get this resolved today soooo...

Anyway, we went ahead and plugged the refrig in, and the fan came on and the lights came on and everything appears to be working. I put a icecube tray in the freezer and a cup of water in the refrig part, so I'll wait and see what happens there.

I know this might be a dumb question, but I saw the fan start turning when we first plugged it in, (it's very quiet!) but now it's not turning or running. I know my current refrigerator will kick in some horrible noise every now and then, I'm assuming it's the fan, and that they don't run all the time? (I'm hoping?) If so, then I think I'm okay.

I still would like to post some close-up pictures of what we re-wired, just for someone to say, "looks good." I have a fear of fire, and I don't want to roll the thing into my house until I feel confident that it's safe.

Mind you, I don't have any reason to think otherwise, I'd just rather be safe than sorry ;)

If anyone is willing to eyeball the work, I'd really appreciate an opinion! Thanks!
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 5:05:19 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Moki,

ED25TE is not a complete model number. Use our model number locator to find the right tag.

Here is a wiring diagram for ED25TEXHW01. Post back if your model number is different.
Admin / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 5:09:31 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Looks like there are only two different wiring diagrams for models starting with ED25TE.

For models ED25TEXHW02, ED25TEXHW01, ED25TEXHW00, ED25TEXHT02, ED25TEXHN02, ED25TEXHN01, and ED25TEXHN00 use this diagram.

For models ED25TEXHW03, ED25TEXHT03, and ED25TEXHN03 use this diagram.

Hope this helps.
Admin / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 5:11:11 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Originally Posted by: Moki Go to Quoted Post
If anyone is willing to eyeball the work, I'd really appreciate an opinion! Thanks!

Sure, use the attachment button to post your photos. We'll take a look.