Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Set  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:51:39 AM(UTC)
Set

Groups: Registered

Came in from a night of shoveling to dry my clothes, dryer started fine, then noticed it wasn't running anymore, knowing it didn't go through the whole cycle I checked it and the timer was down only ten minutes from when I set it. The timer was still ticking. I opened the door and the timer stopped ticking, I then closed it and pressed start and nothing happened. I set the timer to off, and tried turning it all on again, the timer was no longer ticking and it wouldn't start.

I've searched and have tried everything that always seems to be the problem, i've checked the door switch, thermal fuse, power and the wiring and everything seems fine, continuity and voltage to everything. The only thing that confuses me is that every post i've read about a dryer not working is that everyones timer still ticks....mine doesn't. Thanks!

Model Number: LER7646AW0
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

grosvenor3  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:18:00 PM(UTC)
grosvenor3

Hello, I just went through a very similar experience. One of the contacts in the timer had burnt or worn through (you have to take the timer apart to see this), and even though it still sounded like a clock with the power to it, it prevented the dryer from starting. A new one cost me $94 and took about 5 minutes to install.
Set  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:07:00 PM(UTC)
Set

Thanks for the help, I might take apart the timer and see what I can find. You stated that it still ticked when you had power to the machine, mine doesn't tick when theres power to it. Anybody else have any ideas? Thanks!
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:20:05 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Section replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LER7646AW0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram
http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%203398043.pdf

The timer was still ticking. I opened the door and the timer stopped ticking, I then closed it and pressed start and nothing happened. I set the timer to off, and tried turning it all on again, the timer was no longer ticking and it wouldn't start.
If the unit is in an Auto mode it will not tick.

As grosvenor3 said it could be the timer contacts Bu/BK or T/W

Your unit has 2 thermal fuses, the one for the motor is on the blower assembly.

When you checked the fuse did you remove the wire from one side of it. This prevents reading an alternate/parallel circuit path.
Also use the most sensitive ohms scale.

Also check the push to start relay contacts perhaps they burned up.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Set  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:11:43 PM(UTC)
Set

Thanks so much for all the great info, you've guys have been very helpful. Hopefully I get time tomorrow to tear into it again and hopefully find whats wrong.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply