Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
good28  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 10:15:27 AM(UTC)
good28

Groups: Registered

The heating element comes on and goes to set temperature at which time the element shuts off. The element will not activate to maintain the set temperature. Even with the door open, the element does not respond. If the temperature is increased after the initial set temperature is reached (and the element shuts off), the element activates and raises the temperature to the new set point. Could this be a reley? Suggestions?

Thanks

good28
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

good28  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2007 11:14:13 AM(UTC)
good28

Hi;

I see that this request has not received any response and I wonder if I did something wrong when submitting? Please let me know what to do and I will correct it. I would appreciate any help you give.

Thanks
Gene  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:25:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi good28

I'm sorry for inconvenience.

Most likely the problem with your oven is a bad clock (electronic control board). The part number for the new clock depends on the serial number of your oven. I'll be glad to provide it for you if you can post the serial number.

Gene.
good28  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 12:49:39 PM(UTC)
good28

Gene;

Thanks for the response. The Jenn Air Model W131W serial number is:
11234176HO ( the o may be D). Is the clock (ERC?) a part of the "control panel" and attached with screws? I look forward to your help.

Thanks,

Larry
Admin / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 6:24:30 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
good28,

The correct clock for your oven is this one. See control panel diagram below. This is a pretty simple changeout. Make sure the power to the range is turned off. Looking at the below diagram... #2's hold #5 in place, remove. Then carefully remove #6 touch pad. You can then change the clock. Assemble everything in reverse. That's about it. Keep us posted.

- Breakdown diagram of the control panel area
good28  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:41:54 AM(UTC)
good28

I opened the diagram ready to proceed; however, I did not find a part number for the clock. I have seen at least two(2) clocks listed. How do I order the correct unit? I am probably missing/overlooking something simple, but please help me.

Thanks.

Larry
Admin / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:02:53 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Not a problem. The diagram link is for you to see how everything is put together. Here is a direct link to the clock itself - Part Details - MAYTAG Timer, part number: AP382957 - it's currently in stock and as of today runs for $218.09 (other places sell it for about $225-$235).
good28  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 4:13:13 PM(UTC)
good28

Great! Thanks for the information and support. I will let you know my progress and results.

Have a good day.

good28
good28  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 9:48:03 AM(UTC)
good28

Dear Team;

I ordered the referenced part, received it within three(3) days and proceeded with the installation per the instructions. I did make a sketch of the board connections- ~ 10 clip-ons that were color coded. The four(4) screws holding the board in place were convenient, the connections were doable and the installation took less than 30 minutes including taking extra precautions. The oven operated on activation and continues to perform well. An expensive part but justifiable with no labor costs. Thanks for the help. Not only did this save significant money for my daughter, but it provides a "good feeling" to me for accomplishing the task. I will address the next problem with a little more confidence. Please keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Good28
Admin / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 1:43:06 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

That's excellent!
Quote:
but it provides a "good feeling" to me for accomplishing the task
I know very well what you mean.

You know where to find us, should you need more help in the future. I also want to thank you for supporting this forum and ordering the part from us.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply