Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Washman  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:24:07 AM(UTC)
Washman

Groups: Registered

The process involved to get the Dishwasher to work just got to inconvenient to cope with between manipulating C/B off and on and pushing various buttons on the Control Panel. I finally had Kenmore Service come to investigate. Found out that the panel on this model and serial number had a recall issued because of the defective Control Panel Board. The Dishwasher was out of warranty; however, we reached an agreement that Sears would replace BOTH the control boards (approximate list price $400) in the appliance and guarantee its operation for 1-year, and I would paid for the house call to do the installation and checkout, as I recall it was $150. It has been working fine ever since the repair (2 years).
Fixitfast  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:45:45 PM(UTC)
Fixitfast

Mr. Washman: How old is your dishwasher & what was the model & serial number. Mine is model # 6651384k601
serial # FW3311429.
service call is 105.00 to walk in the door +

Control panel cost 92.00
Bruce93103  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:22:03 AM(UTC)
Bruce93103

My '3 sec' light was on, but no other button would respond.

I fixed it as follows:

press the 'heat/dry' button for several seconds, then press the '3 sec' button until it goes out, then press 'normal wash'
Fixitfast  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 12:05:06 PM(UTC)
Fixitfast

I don't know what the 3 sec button is, but the dry heat button (Press & hold for 4 seconds to lock & unlock panel) did not do it as instructions in manual stated.UserPostedImage I cleared the code UserPostedImage (Found out how reading tech sheet) that is attached to the underside of the bottom front panel of the dishwasher and the machine running so far.UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Washman  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:12:53 PM(UTC)
Washman

In response to Fixitfast: The Kenmore Dishwasher is
Model #665. 16819990
Ser # FK2213515
Stock # 16819
All information from appliance ID plate on right side of door frame.
Dishwasher was purchased in 11/2000, most likely manuf. in late 1999 or 2000.
The control panel and both electronic boards in the washer were replaced. As I understand it, some of the flexible cushions behind the control panel buttons (what gives it the "spongy" feeling when pushed) had failed and that then messed up the control panel contacts and in turn the electronics. I was told it is difficult to tell exactly what all functionality had failed without extensive in-shop testing, so they replaced the control panel and both electronic boards in the machine. Has been working like a champ!
Fixitfast  
#16 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 8:14:21 AM(UTC)
Fixitfast

I am glad yours is still running. Mine was purchased in 2008, Once I cleared the codes, mine is running fine so far. Thanks for responding & Happy Holidays to you & your family. May the dishwasher keep running & bring harmony to your household.UserPostedImage