Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonesware  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 10:01:15 AM(UTC)
jonesware

Groups: Registered

No water coming from dispenser. Looks like the water valve needs to be replaced. Justs hums, but solenoid doesn't click open. Need to know how to replace the valve. How are the plastic tubes connected to the valve? How do you remove the old valve assembly and replace with a new one.

Many thanks in advance,

GE Profile Artica - Side by Side.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 7:55:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Before you replace the water inlet valve I would like to know if there is water coming into the ice maker and how old is the water filter.

Gene.
jonesware  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 1:24:20 PM(UTC)
jonesware

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Before you replace the water inlet valve I would like to know if there is water coming into the ice maker and how old is the water filter.

Gene.

Water to ice maker is fine. Filter replaced 1 month ago.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 2:01:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Remove the rear cover. Remove the wires from the water dispenser coil on the water valve (#800 on the break down diagram) and check for 120V while the front dispenser calls for water.

If there is 120V then replace the water valve. Cut off the plastic water tubes as close to the old water valve as possible and plug them in the new one - it's that easy. The tubes have different size: 1/4" supplies the ice maker and 5/16" supplies the water dispenser. You can not switch them around, but be careful with wires to the coils.

If there is no 120V then most likely the main control board (#801 on the break down diagram) has to be replaced.

- The part number for the water inlet valve is AP3192626

- The part number for the main control board is AP3950129

Here are the break down diagrams for the GE refrigerator Model PSI23SGNAFBS

Gene.
roycreamer  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 6:22:38 PM(UTC)
roycreamer

Groups: Expert

take your crisper drawer out and warm them up with a hair dryer being careful not to melt it. you can hold the water dispenser lever in while doing this. the water tank behind the crispers freezes often.

it's part 810 in this picture...

roy
UserPostedImage
askmrlee  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:31:59 PM(UTC)
askmrlee

When I removed the water filter to see if it was clogged, I noticed that it was ice cold and the water inside the filter was part frozen and slushy. Ice maker and dispenser were OK.

The refrigerator came with the house circa March 2003 and it has worked without a problem until today and I have the GE Arctica PSI23SGNA PS.

I tried the hairdryer trick and in less than one minute water was flowing again. The refrigerator was set to 37F, the recommended temperature, but I set it to 39F and I'll see if this prevents the problem in the future.

Thank you roycreamer!
kesmero  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 5:04:27 PM(UTC)
kesmero

When I read this post I feel like I was so lucky after all those time searching on the web for an answer.

I have exactly the same problem with my GE PSI23SGNA BS that no water comming out from the dispenser. I did the hairdryer trick but no luck. So I step up to the second stage to replace the main control board and no fix. Then the water inlet valve and got the same issue.

What could be be wrong? The ice make is perfect and I check the water source and it has water going in to the ref. The water filter is new.

Thank you

kesmero :confused:
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 5:43:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

kesmero,

Did you check for 120V to the water valve solenoid (5/16" tube) while the water dispenser calls for water before and after you replaced it? If you did - what was the result? If you did not - do it now and post the result.

Gene.
jdwdwd  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 11:08:02 AM(UTC)
jdwdwd

Gene.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...92626.html#ixzz1XZrCmwq2
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

The ice maker and water dispenser on my GE model SSS25KF stopped working. I have not replaced the water filter for years (light never came on). Idiot light--right?
The 5/16 outlet tube from the water valve was broken and leaking. I repaired that and now the water dispenser just trickles and does not stop when the dispenser lever is released. I was going to order water inlet valve part no. AP3192626 but get the feeling from Gene that changing the water filter may solve the problem. Any help is appreciated.

jd
Carl Hodges  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:24:32 AM(UTC)
Carl Hodges

I need to know how to remove the seal on the freezer door in order to access the dispencer controls.