Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Craig-o  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 11:18:19 AM(UTC)
Craig-o

Groups: Registered

Can someone help me solve this problem? After years of flawless service, one day 2 of the 5 burners would ignite, but the igniter would keep clicking even after the burner was lit. When I took the cooktop apart, there was a lot of corrosion between the brass venturi tubes and the gas jet holder. I replaced all 5 venturi tubes, and cleaned the threads on the gas jet holders with a wire brush. Didn't solve it. Checked all the igniter wires - replaced the shrink insulatgion on one connector that was cracked. No change. Replaced all the burner bases and igniters. Now the only time the igniters stop clicking is when all 5 burners are lit. Replaced the igniter module; no change. All 5 burners have good spark at the igniters, but it just won't stop clicking!

Does anyone know how the igniters know when the flame is lit?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 1:20:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You may want to make sure the new spark module is wired in the right way. The wires from the switch and the igniter for the same burner should be connected to the terminals with the same number.

Quote:
...Does anyone know how the igniters know when the flame is lit?...

You can find such information in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...-range-professional.html

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE ZGU375NSD1SS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Craig-o  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 5:11:01 PM(UTC)
Craig-o

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Gene. What a lifesaver you are. I was getting ready to throw in the towel and replace the unit. It never occurred to me that these things are matched. I'm sure I have them cross-wired. I can't find a wiring diagram that tells me which burner is which, but I guess I can trace the wires.

And thanks for that post on the physics behind the igniters. That's a great write-up.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply