Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris L  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 6:39:08 AM(UTC)
Chris L

Groups: Registered

My problem seems to be intermitent and going on for quite some time. After a full cycle the close on the bottom are soaked. I replaced the timer because i thought it was skipping the drain cycle but i think it was me messing it up while tring to peek in. I now bypassed the lid switch and noticed the high speed cycle is not very high, i also here water falling back down into the tub. When its done there is a hint of motor smell. If i go back to high speed spin it spins very fast! The pump is pumping during the cycles cause i see and here it! The drain is under the max at 6.5' high. Thanks for the help, Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 2:56:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Chris,

Check if the motor hot to the end of the cycle. Possible this is a motor.

Gene.
Chris L  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:12:16 PM(UTC)
Chris L

Ill have to check that. If it is a motor problem, is it worth fixing? A while back a local repair shop said maybe a pressure switch. Does this make any sence?
Its odd that it would spin slow on the full cycle and as soon as you go back to the high spin setting, it spins fast! Thanks again.
nu1ni  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:56:14 PM(UTC)
nu1ni

My Kenmore washer is about 30 years old. A year ago, I noticed that the clothes were dripping wet after the delicate and cotton cycles. I just began using the perma prest cycle exclusively. Now the clothes are wet after that cycle as well - but only sometimes. When it happens, I just manually set the spin cycle, and it works. Just yesterday, this manual setting stopped working. So the clothes are still dripping wet and I get a a burnt smell to boot.

I would like to fix this machine. Any suggestions about which part may need replacing?
Chris L  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2008 6:14:40 AM(UTC)
Chris L

Today i smell alot of motor! After 20min or so i pulled it out and the motor was still warm. This is a 2 speed motor, is it possible that only one speed is working? If so can anything else besides a motor cause only one
speed to work? Thanks again.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2008 8:13:13 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Chris,

There is 99% chance that the motor has to be replaced. It has two different windings for each speed and one of them gone bad.

- The part number for the motor is AP2905451

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool washer Model LSQ9549LW0

Gene.
Chris L  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2008 9:50:21 AM(UTC)
Chris L

Thanks again. Im gonna order the motor, im determined to fix this. Is there any thing else i should order with the motor since it will be apart? like the rubber grommet or motor coupling? Im pretty good with fixing anything, but is there any tricks to replacing this? Should anything be lubed while im at it? Thanks
Gene  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2008 10:15:09 AM(UTC)
Gene

I would recommend to replace the motor coupling at the same time.

There is nothing to lubricate and this is not too difficult to do yourself (especially with the complete instructions).

- The part number for the motor coupling is AP3963893

Gene.
richappy  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:49:20 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would also pull the cover off the timer and check for burnt contacts, if so, you will need a new timer also, lots of times a bad timer will burn out the motor. If bad, you are looking at a big bill for parts, like $180, maybe not worth fixing.
Chris L  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:03:56 AM(UTC)
Chris L

I did change the timer because i thought it was skipping some cycles, but i think it was me tring to peek in. So in a way i guess its better i did change it! I did order the parts and ill post the out come! Hopfully it works cause the one my wife wants next is like 1000 bucks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply