Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2007 3:23:12 PM(UTC)
amy

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer Model Number 110.73952102 purchased in 2003 ~ for the last month or so it'll just stop running, no beeps or anything. I restart it and it does it again after about 5 mins...sometimes after about 20 mins. any suggestions for what could be wrong? The heat works and the drum spins. I've even tried pulling out 1/2 the clothes but no luck. Every once in a while it will go the full cycle. Thank you in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Indy_Jimbo  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:15:56 AM(UTC)
Indy_Jimbo

I'm having exactly the same problem! I'll let you know if I figure it out
Matt / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:57:12 PM(UTC)
Matt / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Did you both make sure the vents are clean all the way out? A restricted vent can cause the high limit to shut the dryer off.
JRAP  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2007 10:53:44 AM(UTC)
JRAP

I also have a kenmore Elite #11073022100 gas dryer. It's about 5 years old. I push the start button it starts & runs for a while & then stops. When heated it only works if you hold down the push to start button. I first tried replacing the push to start mechanism but problem persisted. Tried cleaning out entire vent, which was pretty clogged and thought that would do the trick and the problem still exists. Could it be the thermostat? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Indy_Jimbo  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 8:47:06 AM(UTC)
Indy_Jimbo

My wife was ready to kill me for the number of trips she was having to make downstairs just to get a load of laundry dry. I'd done all the usual, cleaned everything out, even moved the dryer to a different wall so it has about an 8' run for the exhaust instead of the 15'+ it had before...same problem.

I replaced the Thermal cut-off and the Thermistor control (probably didn't need to do the second, but I had it anyway). Been working like a champ ever since. Dead simple to do too, just take off the kick panel in the front and put the dryer on its back. Easy to get to all of them.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply