Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yappliance  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:50:40 AM(UTC)
yappliance

Groups: Registered

My Maytag LA 512 fills very slowly. There's water pressure at the hose inlet. I've removed the mixer element. I can blow through the hose from the tank to the mixer. Does this machine have a pump to fill the barrel? Does it have a filter? What else might be wrong? Thanks Joe in KY
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:28:52 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

The water supply hoses are connected to a dual solenoid valve in the back of the machine. The solenoids are controlled by the timer, in conjunction with the temperature selector switch. It sounds like your valve is fouled up by deposits and debris from the water. Turn off the water to the machine and disconnect the hoses. You'll probably see the valve inlet screens are clogged. They aren't removable. Sometimes you can (very carefully) clean the deposits out to unclog them. At worst, you'll need to replace the valve.
yappliance  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:44:29 AM(UTC)
yappliance

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
The water supply hoses are connected to a dual solenoid valve in the back of the machine. The solenoids are controlled by the timer, in conjunction with the temperature selector switch. It sounds like your valve is fouled up by deposits and debris from the water. Turn off the water to the machine and disconnect the hoses. You'll probably see the valve inlet screens are clogged. They aren't removable. Sometimes you can (very carefully) clean the deposits out to unclog them. At worst, you'll need to replace the valve.

Right you undoubtably are. The problem began yesterday, the first load of wash since a major prumbling modification. I'll check those screens and thank you. But if I can't clean them, what have I to lose by piercing them? This is an old machine, old as I am, neither of us expect to be like brand new. Finally, any chance as to what the 'dual solenoid valve' is called in the parts books in the event I need to replace it? thanks joe in ky
magician59  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:47:45 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

If you pierce the screens in the valve, sediment can foul the solenoid, causing it not to completely shut off. This could lead to a flood. When you look up the part, it's called a water inlet valve.
yappliance  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:29:38 PM(UTC)
yappliance

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
If you pierce the screens in the valve, sediment can foul the solenoid, causing it not to completely shut off. This could lead to a flood. When you look up the part, it's called a water inlet valve.

ok thanks.... sure do appreciate the information. KY Joe