Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tonym144  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:36:01 AM(UTC)
tonym144

Groups: Registered

Well, if you think you can design a better washing machine, by all means, DO SO! Just bear in mind that you have to use current available parts, keep it in the range of government rules for energy and water consumption, and make it look nice enough that people would be willing to have their friends look at it. If it helps, here's some specifications for you. It spins dry at over 1000 revolutions per minute, uses about 12-15 gallons of water per wash cycle on average and only takes a little bit of laundry detergent to do the job. If you feel up to the challenge, good luck to you! (remember, you have to make thousands of these, not just one.) If you can't, which I seriously doubt you can, then shut up and let the professionals do their jobs. They've been doing it for years, and even Consumer Reports has Whirlpool made brands 10 out of 10 in their top 10. So apparantly they know a little more about laundry than you.

Originally Posted by: MyWasherSux Go to Quoted Post
Revolt! If you own a Kenmore Oasis (built by Whirlpool) or Whirlpool Cabrio washer, and you are getting the "F1" error code...or similar codes, and nothing you do fixes the problem...REVOLT!
Three options: Join the class action lawsuit, sign the petition, or be a just another chump consumer. All info is below. I for one, have HAD IT with a 1000.00 washer that breaks after one year.
Here is the class action law suit info. I got
this email a couple of days ago. Remember, these Kenmore Washers (built by Whirlpool) are basically the same machine as the Whirlpool Cabrio:

"Thank you for your interest in pursuing a lawsuit against Sears relating to the Kenmore HE4t and HE3t Washing Machines. This lawsuit is currently being handled by the law firm of Seeger Weiss, LLP. Sheller, P.C. is co-counsel on the case. Your inquiry submission will be forwarded to Seeger Weiss, and you will be contacted by a Seeger Weiss representative shortly."

"Once again, thank-you for your interest. Any questions may be directed to Jonathan Shub at jshub@seegerweiss.com."

Jennifer Chantilope
Walnut Street, 3rd Floor Philadelphia, PA 19102
Toll Free: (800) 883-2299
Main Number: (215) 790-7300
Fax: (215) 546-0942

Another frustrated Cabrio owner started a petition to be sent to the CEO of Whirlpool Corp., Jeff Fettit. Follow the link, and please sign it! The more the better! Spread the word!
You may also copy and post it to any other groups/discussions about this problem.

Consumers Rights for Quality Products Petition

shornby  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:43:30 AM(UTC)
shornby

You have been a member since:: 11/1/2009(UTC)

Originally Posted by: king4022 Go to Quoted Post
I just called and my washer was purchased in April 07 and they are sending someone to service it free of charge. Here is the number I called:
1-866-698-2538 .....I had not registered it and was able to do so when I called. Good Luck!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I just called that number and a service tech is coming out in a few days to fix it.

I also had not registered my machine but had no issues.
king4022  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:39:14 PM(UTC)
king4022

You are welcome. I am now having problems with my dryer not keeping time properly. I will set it on high and it will be 45 minutes then 15 minutes later it only has 11 minutes left. Anyone else having this problem? I am going to call about it tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.
SpecialEd  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:52:37 AM(UTC)
SpecialEd

You are welcome. I am now having problems with my dryer not keeping time properly. I will set it on high and it will be 45 minutes then 15 minutes later it only has 11 minutes left. Anyone else having this problem? I am going to call about it tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.

Thank you king4022 for the info. Tech will be out on Fri for mine. Bought my washer in 12/06 and did not have it registered. The customer service girl "Kristen" said that this is a quality issue and Whirlpool is assisting with the parts and labor. I asked to be sure what the "assisting" would include and she said it would cover all costs for parts and labor. She said there was no recall but since there were so many of these having the same problem this was a quality issue and Whirlpool is making it right by doing this.

My dryer does the same thing as yours which I think is a good problem if it dries in 36 minutes instead of 45. However sometimes it would do the opposite too. It would say 7 minutes and then go back in 5 minutes later and still have 7 minutes. It all depends on the dampness of the clothes and the sensors picking it up. I make sure I shake out my clothes before putting them in. Let me know if something turns up.
harribull  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:37:01 AM(UTC)
harribull

I just called and my washer was purchased in April 07 and they are sending someone to service it free of charge. Here is the number I called:
1-866-698-2538 .....I had not registered it and was able to do so when I called. Good Luck!

I called the same number and its a frustrating VRU which if given the opportunity will schedule a billable appointment without ever putting a human on the line...... You have to just tell it the model number is incorrect when it reads it back to you over and over and it will transfer finally fail over to a live customer service agent..... They checked and once I provided my purchace information and model they confirmed the F1 code failure is a quality issue that is repaired free...:)

I wish I had known this the first time the unit failed I have already replaced the W10188476 Rev A controler PCB in this unit once .... At the Time I paid $168.00 dollars for the PCB.:(
dent67  
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 8, 2010 4:51:39 PM(UTC)
dent67

thanx for the info. i called today and after getting hung up on and a total of 30 mins. on hold, they are sending someone to fix my F1 problem tomorrow.
maknme  
#17 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 4:21:08 PM(UTC)
maknme

Hello everyone, I have a Cabrio Top loader 3 years old that displays the F1 error code. Called 866-698-2358 and they will be sending a tech free of charge to fix the problem. hope this helps anyone in need. :)
dlsokolowski  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:28:30 AM(UTC)
dlsokolowski

Thank you so much for this information. I just called the number and they are sending a repairman next week and Whirlpool is covering the cost!
luluxiu  
#19 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 4:28:51 PM(UTC)
luluxiu

I just called Whirlpool announced that the F1 code of my problem, everyone seems to have recently. Sales representative said that the washing machine has a problem with the code for the F1,Tera Items but also a free service and parts recall.
stikehreha  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 10:11:10 AM(UTC)
stikehreha

I have a Cabrio WTW6600SW1 washing machine. about 4 yrs old. Just called Whirlpool at 866-698-2538. Waited on the phone for 15 minutes due to lots of callers in line ahead of me, but actual call with tech support person only took about 4-5 minutes. Very cordial. Sending someone out in 2 days to fix it for free.