Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ron L.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:29:11 PM(UTC)
Ron L.

Groups: Registered

dryer spins but no heat, recently moved the dryer to a different location and bumped it a bit. It is at least 18 years old and would like to keep it running a few more years: what parts are the most likely to need replacement?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 3:50:35 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Ron,

I can't tell you exactly what the problem is, but I can give you a few pointers. Make sure to unplug the dryer first.

Breakdown diagrams for model LE6810XSW0 for reference.

Starting from the beginning:

1. Check the circuit breakers (both of them). Electric dryers run on two 110 volt breakers. It is possible that one of the breakers is tripped even with the dryer motor still working.

2. Remove the rear panel of the dryer.
Check the main terminal block (make sure all 3 wires are securely attached). Take a look at various components and see if you can spot a loose wire. Then check the thermal fuse with a voltmeter for continuity - open=bad, closed=good. Do the same test with the heating element (use the diagram link above for part locations). And check the thermal cutoff for continuity as well (the thermal cutoff is located on the heating element housing).

Run these tests and let us know what you find.

Also, while you have the back off, use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of as much lint as possible (don't forget to clean the lint chute).

Post back...
vincent key  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 7:48:03 AM(UTC)
vincent key

I have a Frigdaire dryer model# FDE336RES2 thgat runs but has no heat trying to find out what might be the likely problem.

Thanks,

Vincent
mvetri  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 1:43:20 PM(UTC)
mvetri

Vincent, I have a Frigidaire model FDG336NBS1 witht he same problem. Have you found why you get no heat? My dryer works fine but no heat.
vincent key  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 8:53:30 PM(UTC)
vincent key

Yes I finally figured out the problem. I had a split breaker and was only getting a 120 volts instead of 240 volts. I hope this helps you out.

Thanks,

Vincent
Admin / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 2:04:23 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That's good to hear, Vincent. Always start with the basics (see my post at the beginning of this thread).

Mvetri -- If your dryer igniter glows but gas valve won't open, the likely cause is bad valve coils. If igniter does not glow, could be due to a bad flame sensor or igniter itself.

coils:
UserPostedImage

sensor
UserPostedImage

igniter
UserPostedImage
cdkbride  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:09:31 PM(UTC)
cdkbride

I have a Maytag dryer that the igniter comes on,glows and the gas will not light.If the unit is shut off for about 10 min. or so the burner will ignight but will only stay on 2 min. and then will go out.I was wondering if the coil kit needs to be replaced and what is involed with that.It appears that they are plug in electric parts?Where are they located?(by burner?)
TomGJohnson  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 10:12:07 AM(UTC)
TomGJohnson

I have the same problem...heats up once but next time the ignitor glows there is no gas. Is that the coil or a sensor?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply