Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kaustin36  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2008 4:48:05 PM(UTC)
kaustin36

Groups: Registered

Our dryer hasn't been drying for about a week now. I ran the diagnostic on the heating element and it doesn't turn on at all. I'm not convinced it's the heating element, so I then broke down the dishwasher to view the control board. On the back side of it, I noticed a small burn (soot-like) area at one of the solder points, maybe 1/2" in diameter. I'm guessing this is not good; I'm trying to determine if the board simply shorted out or if something else caused it.

Also, I just read this thread: http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/dishwasher-repair/3135-heater-element-disconnected.html

The bottom of it does an excellent job of describing they symptons. Not drying, much longer cycle time, etc. I did have the recall work done on this about 4 months ago, but I'm sure it's been working fine up to the last week or so. Perhaps coincidental.

Thoughts? Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2008 5:31:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would do is check for continuity the heating element and the hi limit thermostat (#16 on the tub break down diagram).

If any of them is open, it has to be replaced.

If there is nothing wrong then the problem is a bad control board.

- The part number for the hi limit thermostat is AP2644587

In order to provide the right part number for the control board and the heating element I need the serial number of the dishwasher.

Gene.
kaustin36  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 6:16:49 AM(UTC)
kaustin36

Forgive my ignorance here....I do have a (analog) multimeter, but it doesn't have a RX1 setting...it does have a OhmsX10 setting which is the lowest it goes. I set it to that and checked the heating element and hi-limit thermostat; for both of them, the needle swings from the left side (infinity) of the scale to the right and lands around 0. Is this enough to tell me that the components are good or should I find and use a multi-meter with better granularity? So far, I'm thinking these parts are fine and that it looks like I need a new control board. Can you confirm? Thanks! s/n: 23872007YU Model: MDB9100AWW
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 11:05:36 AM(UTC)
Gene

Looks like the problem is the control board.

- The part number for the control board is AP3158622

Good luck.
Gene.
kaustin36  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 3:35:46 PM(UTC)
kaustin36

Gene, Thanks for your excellent opinion! In fact, it was the control board. After a fast shipment and about 20 minutes, I had it running once again. Thanks!!
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 8:21:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.