Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dpbat2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2008 9:10:37 AM(UTC)
dpbat2

Groups: Registered

My GE profile displays the F3 code. I see this means a faulty Touch pad or Key Pad but I don't find those in the parts list for that model. I do find a Smartboard #AP3203000 for $144.87. Is that the same thing? Any ideas on how to replace it myself? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2008 1:48:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For this model it comes as a control panel assembly with the part number AP3206461.

In order to replace it you have:

Remove the screws on top of the microwave holding the grille assembly (#109 on the break down diagram).

Slide the grille to the left to release the tabs and pull it out.

Remove the screw holding the control panel and pull it up to release the tabs and pull it toward yourself.

Draw a picture of the wires connected to the smart board and remove them.

Remove the touch pad ribbon from the smart board, remove the screws holding the smart board to the control panel.

Remove the smart board from the old control panel.

Assemble in the reversed order.

Gene.
quiltygirl  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:36:19 AM(UTC)
quiltygirl

Groups: Registered

I just had this happen with my GE profile microwave. The first time it happened my contractor turned off the breaker to stop the incessant beeping and when he turned it back on the microwave was fine. A few weeks later it happened again. I turned off the breaker waited a while and turned it back on. The F3 was still there. So I turned the breaker off again and made a service appointment online. The service person called and said that the touch pad is very "touchy" and if you hold a button down too long it reads it as a "short" and the F3 code comes up. Lo and behold I turned the breaker on (which had been off for several days) and the microwave was just fine. No control panel replacement needed.....just quick fingers!!!:p