Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Johnb481  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 7:14:56 AM(UTC)
Johnb481

Groups: Registered

I am having a difficult time getting a replacement Lamp Socket ( part # AP3669157). for a GE Profile 36" Stainless Steel range hood. One of the 2 halogen lamps began to act as if it had a loose wire within a month of installation. Tapping on the hood would cause the lamp to go on and off. It eventually failed alltogether. Troubleshooting narrowed it down to the ceramic lamp socket itself. Now I find out that it is nearly impossible to get a replacement. I Googled GE Parts and found this website. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you, John B in Alabama.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 3:02:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi John,

In order to provide the most accurate advise I need the complete model number of the unit.

If the unit is less then a year old - it must be under the manufacturer warranty without any charge to you. In such case the best solution is to call GE.

Gene.
Johnb481  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2008 7:00:33 AM(UTC)
Johnb481

Thank you Gene for the reply. As stated above the M# is JV966D1SS. The range hood is 4-6 years old. I believe the socket must of had a short from day one because I could tap on the hood and it would go on and off. I understand it is now out of warranty and I am more than willing to pay for repair. I am not an appliance repairman. I am just john-q-public, but I am somewhat adept in electronics repair. 15 years in tv repair untill I became disabled. I am partially paralized on my right side because of Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis.( RRMS). I have determined the problem to be in the ceramic lamp socket within the light fixture. Thanks again for your kind consideration to this matter. JohnB:)
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 10:40:38 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi John,

The part number for the lamp socket is AP3427510 .

According to GE it is temporary unavailable.

Call the APP customer service for an ETA.

Gene.
Johnb481  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 1:08:05 PM(UTC)
Johnb481

Thanks Gene. I am patient. I guess I can wait for the part to become available. It will show up eventually. Q: Is the same type lamp socket ( the ceramic female recepticle where the lamp plugs in) available anywhere? If it is, I can build another.Thanks.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 1:19:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

In such situation I would recommend to go with the OEM part only.

Gene.
Johnb481  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 3:13:59 PM(UTC)
Johnb481

Gene, You are right of course. I am in no hurry and you are the Appliance professional and I am not. I'll wait on the part. Thank you for your correspondence and advice. John in Alabama
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 3:21:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

John,

Keep me updated, please.

Gene.
Johnb481  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:12:55 PM(UTC)
Johnb481

Gene, I got the light socket yesterday (02-20-08). Problem solved. Thanks for the SOUND advice. The website said on Feb 01 that the part was " in stock" when it wasn't. That was my only beef. No problem though. Got the part! Fixed the Range Hood! Problem solved!
For what it's worth, the local appliance store here, called me the very day that I got the e-mail from this place telling me that the part had shipped,to tell me that the part had arrived that I had ordered from them way back before Christmas. They were nice and told that I didn't have to buy it but I bought it anyway.I am a man of my word,period. I now have a spare. Might need it one of these days. Who knows. Thanks for the help.God bless. John B:)
Gene  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:54:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

John,

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply