Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Keith C  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:29:17 AM(UTC)
Keith C

Groups: Registered

Yes, the jumper was in place as shown in the photo when I received the clock/timer.
However, I never powered up or tested the clock/timer, as it did not fit my specific oven - the holes in the glass did not line up with the posts on the front of the replacement clock/timer.

- Keith
WDG  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 6:49:49 PM(UTC)
WDG

I bought the electronic timer kit WB19X10006 to replace a dead mechanical timer on a GE wall oven/microwave combination JKP55G001BC. As far as I can tell it is wired exactly per the instructions but the clock is inoperative. The oven elements both work normally. I checked the voltage at the timer and found 110v between the red and white wires. Have I made a mistake or does this mean the clock unit is defective?

Also I had the problem of the holes not lining up but fixed it by slotting the holes so the timer could move to the right.
WDG attached the following image(s):
Old timer back.JPG
New timer back.JPG
Old timer front.JPG
New timer front.JPG
Old timer top.JPG
WDG  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:18:54 PM(UTC)
WDG

I found the problem. In the first picture in my post above there is a green ground wire that connects to the metal mounting housing for the old timer. The body of the new timer is made out of plastic and is not electrically connected to the mounting housing. You have to remove this wire from the old mounting housing and connect it to the #5 terminal on the new timer. It would save a lot of time and trouble if this step were included on the instructions for the new timer.
billdep  
#44 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 8:24:39 PM(UTC)
billdep

I am trying to install a new electronic timer, P/N WB19X10006, in a GE JKP36G double wall oven. Which of the four types of mounting brackets that come with the new oven timer does one use?

I received a total of five wire extenders for connecting the new timer to the existing wiring. However there was a total of nine wires connected to the old timer. Are wire extenders available, or does one have to make them?

Thanks for the help!!!

Bill DePierri
WDG  
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:14:15 AM(UTC)
WDG

Originally Posted by: billdep Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to install a new electronic timer, P/N WB19X10006, in a GE JKP36G double wall oven. Which of the four types of mounting brackets that come with the new oven timer does one use?

I received a total of five wire extenders for connecting the new timer to the existing wiring. However there was a total of nine wires connected to the old timer. Are wire extenders available, or does one have to make them?

Thanks for the help!!!

Bill DePierri

I only had to extend 2 of the wires to my timer (see picture on previous page). Sorry but I don't recall anything about mounting brackets that came with the kit. To the best of my recollection I mounted the new timer in the old mount but had to slot the holes to get the buttons to line up with the face plate. Don't forget to attach a ground wire to the new timer!
billdep  
#46 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 11:15:44 AM(UTC)
billdep

Thanks for your comments. The photos were especially helpful.

I will work on it some more. If I have problems, you will hear from me again.

Regards,

Bill DePierri
smileatus  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:29:53 PM(UTC)
smileatus

Nice thread! Thank you all for your help.

Did we ever get a definitive answer that the new electronic clock, WB19X10006, actually runs the lower oven cleaning cycle? I've carefully read the forum twice and still cannot determine if it works.

Otherwise this is the best thread that I could find on the web. The pictures are great! :-)

I've ordered the part and will post again with what I find.
billdep  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:01:28 PM(UTC)
billdep

My electronic timer that I installed in my GE Double Oven works perfectly. It does everything that it did with the original analog timer installed. Both ovens (upper and lower) clean beautifully. Do not forget to ground the new timer. If this is not done the oven cleaning operation is affected.

I had to lengthen some of the slots in the frame so that the holes would line up with the control push buttons in the new timer.

In my opinion, the new timer really updates the appearance of the oven.

It has been a while since I worked on this project, so my memory of the installation is somewhat hazy.

Good Luck!!!

WGD
smileatus  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:09:07 PM(UTC)
smileatus

Thank you Bill! Yes, I read that part about the grounding. I'll post again when I've got it done.
smileatus  
#50 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:40:58 AM(UTC)
smileatus

Model GE JKP36G0D2BG Double Oven
Part number: Old timer WB19X5269 New timer WB19X10006
Part number: Old timer WB19X5269 New timer WB19X10006

OK, I got the new timer/clock, installed it, and it works. I'll try the cleaning cycle soon. I did not have to fool with the ground wire since the double oven has four wires connecting to the Common/Neutral (5) terminal.

I had to enlarge (slot) two mounting holes to move the new timer about 1/8 inch to the right to line up with the holes in the glass. I had to use all five jumpers to extend wires.

I cut about 1/2 inch off the end of the push buttons and crimped them a bit to make them more flush with the glass (the original length left them sticking out too far for my taste). They also come out more easily without the barbs on the end which is good if you have to service the clock again.

The wire colors for the double oven are (when two wires are connected together I show it as color__color):

Old timer:

Terminal Usage Color
1 L1 red__red
1 L1 pink
5 Common/Neutral white__white
5 Common/Neutral white__white
2 Output1 unused tab
2 Output1 yellow (big)
4 L2 blue
4 L2 blue__blue
3 Output2 black
3 Output2 black

The new timer numbers L2 as 3 and Output 2 as 4 so all the wires are the same except the last four wires:

New timer:

Terminal Usage Color *Jumper
1 L1 red__red
1 L1 pink
5 Common/Neutral white__white *
5 Common/Neutral white__white *
2 Output1 unused tab
2 Output1 yellow (big) *
3 L2 blue *
3 L2 blue__blue *
4 Output2 black
4 Output2 black

I had to jumper the wires marked above with an asterisk (*).

I put the supplied heat shrink tubing on two jumpers and used a hairdryer to shrink it. I had to tape the three tripple connections because the heat shrink tubing was too small.

I'll post pictures soon.