Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AReed  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:49:55 PM(UTC)
AReed

Groups: Registered

Gene
I posted 2 days ago about the soap dispenser on a bosch shu 9915uc/uc11. Per the part number,and your comments, etc this should take a vented soap dispenser. The attachment you gave me with instructuions said that a small number of /uc11 used the unvented type. The picture in the instructions/attachment shows a picture of the tank with a small circular vent inside for the "vent".
I was trying to confirm that I am seeing this correctly. I think I have one of the unusual /uc11 units that are UNvented.-and use the vent in the right side of the tank
My question is : does the presence of the small ( 2" in diameter") vent in the right side of the tank indicate that this is the vent? and that I should use the unvented soap dispenser?. I have not removed the soap dispenser yet, but I could see no obvious vent attached to the unit when looking from the front of the door, as one would before starting any work.
Would the vent tube be obvious when looking at the dispenser before removing it?
Any tips you have would avoid taking it out and having to wait till next week for the right part.!
Thanks

AR
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.