Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JLMoon  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:24:11 AM(UTC)
JLMoon

Groups: Registered

I'm pretty sure that the water build up is from a clogged drain line, but for the life of me I can't find the drain line anywhere. Is it possible that my problem is that somehow the drain line is gone? We bought this used so no telling what the previous owner did. Can't find any manual or schematics so I'm at a loss to locate the drain line to unclog it.

Thanks for any help anyone might have.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:17:21 PM(UTC)
applianceman

If the drain line doesn’t go down the back of the refrigerator it is inside the refrigerator liner and cannot be accessed. However you can clean it out quite easily simply remove the back cover out the freezer. Once done you should see the coils. There should be a drain hold under the coils but you will have to remove the ice first. Once the ice is removed take a turkey baser (or any squirt bottle with a small end) and force hot water down the drain until water flows freely down the drain. Then mix baking soda with water and pour it down the drain to prevent this from happing again. For more on this visit Refrigerator repair guide
JLMoon  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 2:09:37 PM(UTC)
JLMoon

There it is, that hidden drain. That seems to have done the trick, I'll know in a week or two.

Thanks again!
PeterC  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:39:51 AM(UTC)
PeterC

I have been having the same problem The drain line is inside my Kenmore Freezer/refrigerator and is not accessible. I tried channeling some 91% rubbing alcohol to the drain and PRESTO! it showed up in the drain pan at the bottom of the fridge. I will follow the hot water/baking soda advice as well.

Kenmore Model# 10671284101 Purchased: 20020212
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply