Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<23456>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frostywashdry  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 11:48:10 AM(UTC)
frostywashdry

Groups: Registered

I have the same issues. I think I'm going to try cascade first. I was under the impression that you should not run the washer without clothing. I assume you'd do the cascade additive in a load of whites?
Ex-SearsTech  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:49:56 PM(UTC)
Ex-SearsTech

I don't think your machine will run longer to get rid of the soap. You MUST use HE soap and not any old HE soap. I would stay away from certain budget brands and stick with the one of the better known ones like Tide ( are we allowed to make brand suggestions on here ?) Use only the smallest amount of HE needed, use half of what they say ( unless your clothes are really dirty) and then if needed you can increase the amount. Fabric softener is just plain EVIL for front loaders and should be avoided period imho. It is to front loaders what french fries are to your arteries.

Run your machine either empty or with a couple CLEAN bath towels WITHOUT putting any soap in and see if there are a lot of suds in there as it washes . If so, you know you have a build up and soap is in the machine and being left in your clothes. Time to clean it out. Last of all, look at your door seal , most if not all have a small gap that you can gently pry open and wipe it out ( and take all the little things out of there that were left in pockets). Hope this helps .
frostywashdry  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:12:15 PM(UTC)
frostywashdry

I ran cascade through it before I replaced my drain pump assembly. It helped but my problem was the pump not draining all the old water out. That problem is gone with the old pump :)
Aurelia2197  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:50:05 PM(UTC)
Aurelia2197

Jane W Ellis:
The answer to your question is no. There is nothing you can do save replacing the door gasket to remove the mold. I've had the same problem. The gasket is called a bellow and it's easy to replace and costs around $30.00. Affresh is only for cleaning the drum, but I have used that as well without success. Good Luck with the mold. Seems it's a universal problem with front loaders.
frostywashdry  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:12:08 PM(UTC)
frostywashdry

Originally Posted by: Aurelia2197 Go to Quoted Post
Jane W Ellis:
The answer to your question is no. There is nothing you can do save replacing the door gasket to remove the mold. I've had the same problem. The gasket is called a bellow and it's easy to replace and costs around $30.00. Affresh is only for cleaning the drum, but I have used that as well without success. Good Luck with the mold. Seems it's a universal problem with front loaders.

To replace the bellow you need to also purchase the two clamps that go along with it. It cost more than $30 dollars for me to replace mine in my whirlpool duet, if I recall correctly and I just did it a couple of months ago.
Aurelia2197  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:03:01 AM(UTC)
Aurelia2197

My clamps were fine, so I did not have to order new ones with the seal.
DAVIDC19755  
#37 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 3:41:38 PM(UTC)
DAVIDC19755

Originally Posted by: J Black Go to Quoted Post
Ever since we bought this Whirlpool duet washer it smells moldy whenever it is empty and standing idle. We originally thought the moldy smell was coming from the drain, which is mounted in the wall cavity. That is not the source. We have left the washer door open, thinking mold was developing when the door was left closed. That is not the source of the smell. We also leave the detergent drawer open but that is not the source of the smell. The smell does seem to be coming from a vent in the back of the washer (left side when looking at the front door of the washer). I've pulled the unit away from the wall a number of times but not found any signs of water leaks. Any recommendations?

Most wahsers will smell mouldy if left idle for too long. Always leave the door or lid open when not in use. To knock out this problem put the machine on a long cycle "WITH NO CLOTHES IN IT" and add a large amount of bleach to the water, and I mean strong! This will usually cure the problem and kill off unwanted bacteria that thrives inside the wet soapy environment of a washing machine. You can repeat this from time to time for good measure!
v2k04  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:38:22 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

I've owned my LG Front Loader for almost 4 years and have never ever had a smelly moldy inside The reason why? I have never used liquid detergent or Fabric Softner you want a front loader or top loader that doesn't smell? STOP USING ANIMAL FAT BASE LIQUID DETERGENTS and SOFTNERS The smell comes from whatever the consumer is putting into it. Yes!!! its that simple.
personalt  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:03:34 PM(UTC)
personalt

I have this problem on a Fridigaiare - GLTF2940FS0
I have mold on the rubber door seal, cleaned it up with bleach but it came right back. I am the landlord, I think the previous tennants didnt take good care of it.

I searched the website diagram and cant find the gasket. Can someone oint me the the right direction for the part for this macihne so i can order it?
Gene  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:25:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The part you are looking for, called "bellows kit" and is shown as #8 on the diagram.

- The bellows kit Part number: AP3869103
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply