Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<12345>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
betten109  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 11:05:36 AM(UTC)
betten109

Groups: Registered

Thanks to you EVO !!! My wife and I were able to replace the broken spring in our SUperba Microwave exactly as you depicted and described. Thanks very much! This is a great website. We will microwave some popcorn in celebration!!

Betten109
selb2223  
#22 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:38:30 AM(UTC)
selb2223

I replaced both torsion springs for the third time on my kemc308ksso. Used spring numbers 4452395 and 4452396. door drops open if you do not keep hand on it. Do i ned to go with larger spring? I know i replaced blue tipped spring w/ a blue tipped spring and the other springs thickness visualy loked to match the replacement springs size. What am i doing wrong? The blue spring was the broken spring but then i decidd to go ahead and replace both since i had it open.
Guero  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:56:51 AM(UTC)
Guero

Thank you so much for posting these pictures. It made it a very easy fix. KitchenAid should recall these ovens!
jumpergh  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:58:56 AM(UTC)
jumpergh

Thanks so much for the info. It made replacing this torsion spring faily easy. FYI on the later model combined stainless models, you do not have to pull the microwave out. The screw is able to be reached without removing the microwave.
jlproenza  
#25 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:06:53 PM(UTC)
jlproenza

thanks mr Evo for you info, but replacing the heavy spring torsion model KEMC308KSS03 did not bring it back to the level that was holding the door when it was the original part do you now why????
jlproenza  
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:11:40 PM(UTC)
jlproenza

Originally Posted by: selb2223 Go to Quoted Post
I replaced both torsion springs for the third time on my kemc308ksso. Used spring numbers 4452395 and 4452396. door drops open if you do not keep hand on it. Do i ned to go with larger spring? I know i replaced blue tipped spring w/ a blue tipped spring and the other springs thickness visualy loked to match the replacement springs size. What am i doing wrong? The blue spring was the broken spring but then i decidd to go ahead and replace both since i had it open.

I am glad sorry for you but i have the same problem i replaced the blue one twice and did not hold the door as it was the original do you contact KitchenAid to held with these faulty part, i was told by a tech that the replacement part even heavier are not the same as the original and that Kitchen Aid replaced themechanism due to same problem you and me are experiencing, also the lifespan of these doors are less than 5 yrs.
jlproenza  
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:14:24 PM(UTC)
jlproenza

Originally Posted by: betten109 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to you EVO !!! My wife and I were able to replace the broken spring in our SUperba Microwave exactly as you depicted and described. Thanks very much! This is a great website. We will microwave some popcorn in celebration!!

Betten109

do you know if the replaced parts were working as the original
jlproenza  
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:19:20 PM(UTC)
jlproenza

Originally Posted by: evo Go to Quoted Post
Your welcome, Today I added more info above after I have talked to many people. Your model has the lightweight RH spring and heavy LH spring. If you have problems again and the lightweight spring (or heavy) keeps breaking you can switch both to a medium spring weight.

Well after days of talking with Kitchenaid and Whirlpool this door spring problem is huge. You should tie the two springs together with a tie rap because when they break they almost always break the outer door assy glass, which is over $150 bucks to replace.

All these Kitchenaid Whirlpool models have the same design problems.

Now on to the above mentioned microwave door problem. They have known they have a problem with the spring breaking from within 3 months to at max limit is about 3 years. When they break they most often hit the outer glass which breaks then or later after heat cycling. They have changed the spring number several times over the years and models and the stainless exterior finish models the most. Lots of different tensions and models due to the stainless door is heavier and the brushed aluminum door models is lighter with the white,black and bisket colors being different again.

on a side note,
Trying to get more options out of the same amp draw (for home upgrades without rewiring for higher amp circuit) The oven broiler is very low powered. They try to do a sales rename to make it sound positive by calling it "closed door broiling" but in fact if you broil with low temp with the door closed its NOT broiling but in fact a boiling affect not even a roast or bake which brings out a liver taste in the meat. You also don't get crispy fat and can never get a rare cook.

hello since you seems very informed about the microwave oven why it is not working after replacing the heavy torsion spring as it was in the past, i replaced twice with two different techinician i learned that replaced part are not as the original for model model KEMC308KSS03
evo  
#29 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 8:51:12 PM(UTC)
evo

Originally Posted by: jlproenza Go to Quoted Post
thanks mr Evo for you info, but replacing the heavy spring torsion model KEMC308KSS03 did not bring it back to the level that was holding the door when it was the original part do you now why????

Well I was away for awhile and see most was answered. Sorry for the bad advice from Kitchen Aid about using the 4451009 med spring on both sides, guess it was not heavy enough. So there diagram is def wrong for the SS models.

These are the two springs for the SS model.
from post #6
4452396 RH (For SS MDL) heavy spring
4452395 Spring,Torsion LH lightweight spring.
Don't know maybe your model is different since mine is a different model than yours.

You have to use either, 4452396 RH and 4452395 LH Spring together for mine.
or two 4451009 medium weight. Which the Kitchen aid ordering diagram shows. (but I have not tested just told by K.A. They have been wrong before and have never got back to me as they said they would over 10 times.

Just wait until you have to price the microwave oven light. You can get them online for as little as $1.98 (OSRAM 64405 S) or at schucks for $7 tail light.
william watson  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:07:13 PM(UTC)
william watson

I have ordered both door springs for my Whirlpool S/S model KEMC378KSS01 . Can you give me a repair guide for this replacement? thanks, William Watson
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply