Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gerry  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2007 2:35:24 PM(UTC)
Gerry

Groups: Registered

:confused:

I replaced the timer in my 2001 Bosch Dishwasher (Model SHU 3036) back in March. This solved the previous problem with the timer. The fix worked for 6 months and now the dishwasher is exhibiting problems that are different from the orginal problems last winter. Although I suspect the timer there is no information out there to diagnose the problem. The entire cycle used to take a little more than a hour to complete a normal cycle. From start to finish it now takes less than 20 minutes and most often it hangs up at the end of the wash cycle and does no advance until you do so manually. Dishes come out filty. The wash cycle isn't even long enough to get the detergent out of the dispenser.

I started by checking the water inlet valve and that was clear, checked water pressure, water temp, changed the float valve and the water control valve to no avail. I'm suspecting the timer again since the cycles are so short but are there other valves/controls that may make the dishwasher think it's somewhere else in the cycle? I asked the parts person at the appliance store I purchase my parts at and he said that I would have to schedule an appointment with one of their bosch techs ($$$$).

Since the timer is electrical and I'm the person doing the repair once I take it out of the store it's mine to keep even if it doesn't solve the problem. I rather not spend another 80+ dollars on another unit if that isn't the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.