Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChaoticBliss  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:27:44 PM(UTC)
ChaoticBliss

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

The defroster on my Samsung fridge has stopped working. First off, if anyone has a repair manual for my fridge, I would appreciate a link. I cannot find one so I have been using one for a similar Samsung fridge.

Heres what I have done so far:
I checked the fridge for errors and found none.

I ran the fridge in forced defrost mode and the defroster never seem to get warm at all. It was always cool to the touch. How warm are these suppose to get after 30 mins in defrost mode?

I made sure the defroster was getting voltage when I put the fridge in defrost mode and it was.

I checked the resistance on the Thermal Fuse and got 0.5 which I think is okay (I read that in some other thread).

I checked the resitance on the defrost sensor and it seems okay based on the chart in the repair manual I found. And the resistance did change when I warmed up the sensor.

Now I unplugged the defroster itself and checked the connector with my resistance meter. The only time I got a reading was when I set my meter to 20M and the reading was around 8 (I got no reading on the 200, 20k, 200k settings). I assume this means that I am NOT getting continuity in my defroster? Is this what is suppose to happen or does this mean I need to get a new defroster?

Is there anything else I can try or am I am right in thinking that my defroster is broken? Any idea if this is covered under the sealed system warranty? My fridge is only 2 years old.

Thanks for you help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.