Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Larry.Jenkins  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 12:51:31 PM(UTC)
Larry.Jenkins

Groups: Registered

My wife left a glass of ice cubes that came from our refrigerator ice maker (IM) on the counter the other night. During the night, they thawed out and there was an opaque film on the top of the melted water and on the sides of the glass.

To determine if the incoming water to the IM was the cause, I drew out some water from the drinking water side of the IM, froze it into cubes and let them melt overnight. The was NO residue, making me think that the part of the IM that makes the ice cubes is dirty.

A possible cause of the contamination could be that the IM was not used for about a month because of a suspected water solenoid valve leak, which turned out to be a loose fitting.

Also, because the original water flow was only a trickle due to a clogged, original supply line, I rerouted the IM water supply and used a drill-type saddle valve, and the new, white braided hose made especially for IMs. Water flow pressure is great.

Because I'm thinking the IM is contaminated, are there any diagrams or instructions available to show how to remove and clean the IM, or do you think it's another cause. If so, please help.

Thank you.

Larry Jenkins
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.