Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcoronat  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:33:11 PM(UTC)
jcoronat

Groups: Registered

This machine fills and empties, but won't agitate or spin. I had started a load of throw rugs, then checked back during the wash cycle, and it was agitating (lower half) as usual (the upper agitator has not worked since I'd gotten it, used).

Later, when it had finished, the tub was empty but the rugs were sopping wet. I reset it for a spin cycle, but although the pump could be heard working, the tub didn't move. I removed the rugs and tried again: same thing. I unplugged it for an hour or two in case a thermal overload breaker would reset, but no go. I then did a small empty load, and although the motor could be heard working down there, the agitators (and tub) remained still; when the selector was cranked forward into a spin cycle, the tub drained but would not spin. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:58:31 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Pull outer cover and remove the pump and motor, you will find a busted couple there, just replace with anew one.
jcoronat  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:04:28 AM(UTC)
jcoronat

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Pull outer cover and remove the pump and motor, you will find a busted couple there, just replace with anew one.

Thanks, richappy. Am I going to need special tools or tricks to remove the cabinet and disassemble the drive train?
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:35:41 PM(UTC)
richappy

There are two screws to remove, then the control panel hinges back. Inside there are two steel clips to remove, unplug lid switch and remove cabinet. Pump and motor held on with spring clips also. When you put the new coupler on the tranny,(you just pound it on with socket extension), turn it clockwise till the basket starts to turn, if hard to turn with thumb and forefinger you have other problems. Please post results.
jcoronat  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 9:04:41 AM(UTC)
jcoronat

Doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for talking me through this, richappy, I really appreciate your help. I'll let you know what happens.
jcoronat  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:18:34 PM(UTC)
jcoronat

It was indeed the coupling that had failed. Your instructions were very accurate, and the repair went fine. I really appreciate your help. The description about how to get the cabinet off was especially helpful. Thanks again!
richappy  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:42:32 AM(UTC)
richappy

Glad you fixed it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply