Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kimchu  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:23:50 PM(UTC)
kimchu

Groups: Registered
You have been a member since:: 1/15/2008(UTC)

I have a Whirlpool CAre MAster II, 2 speed direct drive washer that won't drain. It seems like the motor won't go into high spin for the water to drain when there the tub is 1/2 full of water (no clothes). When the water level is low, less than 1/3, it goes into high spin and the water drains properly.

Not sure what the problem is to order the right parts.

Thanks.

Kim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:23:10 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sounds like either a partial pump clog, or a bad clutch. Pull outer panel and check pump. Post results.
kimchu  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:39:41 AM(UTC)
kimchu

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

I pulled out the pump and look at it. It looks ok, no clog. Again, with 1/3 tub of water, motor just slow spins, never spins faster enough to drain out the water. After i manually remove most of the water, the motor can get into high spin and spin out the water. What is the clutch you referred to ?

Is there is switch that activites the motor into high speed that may be faulty ? What is the purpose of the washer capacitor ? Can that cause the motor to not start the high speed ?

Thanks.

Kim
okbobcats  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:43:08 AM(UTC)
okbobcats

When it goes into spi. Does the water come out of the drain hose at a good flow rate? I'm pretty sure you have a drain issue. Which may be taking out your clutch. but the water still has to drain for it to goo into high speed.
kimchu  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:51:40 AM(UTC)
kimchu

yes, when it drains with less than approx 1/3 water in tank, the water comes normal rate. I tried it with the pump popped out of the motor, the motor never spins up when there is appro 1/3 tub of water. Is there a way to test the clutch ? Thanks.
okbobcats  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:32:16 AM(UTC)
okbobcats

When you are testing washer . Does all the water drain out? Then does it spin at a higher speed? Or does the spin start when water level gets to 1/3 level then spins alright or what?
kimchu  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:42:49 AM(UTC)
kimchu

During normal washing operation, the washer spins but slowly and no water gets spin/drained out. I started to test it by emptying all water and then putting the washer in spin cycle. With no water, it spins normally. I started to manually filled the water up and noticed that at a certain point of filling (approx 1/3) the motor won't go into a full fast spin. There is a couple of clicking sound as if the motor is trying to get into a fast spinning cycle but fails and will spins slowly, During the slow spin, no water drains out.
richappy  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:58:41 PM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have a bad motor, or a burnt wire somewhere. Does it do this on all cycles?
You also may have bad bearings in the motor, just check for lateral play. If your timer has a metal cover, you might want to pull it off and check for burnt contacts. Also, check your motor centrifical switch for oil contamination. Post results.
bentwrench1999  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:24:13 PM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

This is a neautral drain machine. Normally, after the agitatation cycle, before spinning, the machine should drain, w/o spinning, fot 2 min. Do a load of wash and observe the cycle. After washing for at least 8 min.(you need to warm up the transmission) see if it pauses for a few seconds then drains for 2 min. without trying to spin. Be sure it's not suds locking(too much detergent) Let us know..wrench:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply