Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
datafortress  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:43:21 PM(UTC)
datafortress

Groups: Registered

Once it get's to the spin cycle it makes a slight squeaking noise and I can smell a burnt rubber odour.

It will only spin enough to trickle out of the drain pipe and throw the water over the edge of the drum to flood the floor.

If I pull the timer switch in and out rapidly several times in a row, which I have to do twice per load, it will eventually start into it's proper spin cycle. (very annoying if I miss it)

The problem is intermittent and it will sometimes spin properly for either the 1st or 2nd spin. (once every 10 loads or so)

I'm thinking timer problem but thought I would check with the pros on here first.

Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

datafortress  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2007 12:22:31 AM(UTC)
datafortress

Any ideas at all folks?
richappy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2007 2:44:06 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would pull your front panel and check your pump for a clog. If ok. I would check your belt for wear, then pull it off and check your tranny pulley, turn it one way then the next. If hard to turn in spin, you might have something caught in the tub. You can shine a light in the spin basket and look in the tub.
If everything ok, turn the tranny pulley in spin direction and watch the pulley turn up and disengage the brake. If this doesn't happen you will need a pulley/cam kit.
Go to Appliance repairs, Appliancehelp, Appliances, repairs to dryers washers dishwashers fridges repairs microwaves ge maytag kenmore frigidaire westinghouse inglis, appliance how to take apart information, purchasing an appliance help, model number help, for info. You can order your parts by clicking on your model # above.
datafortress  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:00:22 PM(UTC)
datafortress

I finally got around to looking at the washer and it wasn't the belt or the pulley. The drive motor is mounted on a sliding assembly with nylon bushings which moves it left or right depending on which cycle is running. The track and bushings were full of caked on gunk and rust preventing the motor from sliding all the way and tightening the tension on the belt for the spin cycle and also stopping the waterpump from spinning properly. I removed the motor and mounting bracket and cleaned/scraped all the gunk from the bracket. I cleaned the motor with air from my compressor. I then hit the bracket with a coat of Tremclad, cleaned all the nylon bushings and then re-assembled. I put a touch of bearing grease on the track and the machine now runs like new. It didn't cost me anything except time.
alloway1999  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:14:55 PM(UTC)
alloway1999

Dan - Thanks for your post. I'm have very similar issues. I will remove front panel tomorrow and hopefully find a similar situation.

I'm hoping that this is a common issues with these machines - I'll report back tomorrow.
Thanks

Cletus
Carolyn Hudgins  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 1:19:02 PM(UTC)
Carolyn Hudgins

Inglis Washing Machine Model No. IAX4000RQ2. I was told I would need a clutch - part no. AP3094537. I can't seem to locate the manual. Is this something I can repair myself (the panel is in the back) or should I pay a technician $170 to do? Please let me have your thoughts on this.