Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kitchen aid  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2007 7:57:10 AM(UTC)
kitchen aid

Groups: Registered

My kitchen aid refrigerator/freezer (bottom freezer) worked flawlessly for 6 years, and then was turned off and not used at all. It set idle for 4 years,
and was then cleaned (probably with a power washer) and moved to another location. Once plugged in and turned on, the interior lights came on, but nothing else happened. Nothing else seems to work, blower, fan, compressor, etc. There's no sound whatsoever coming from the fridge.
Is there an internal relay or fuse/circuit breaker that may need replacing?
Help! I'm on a limited budget and can't afford a repair bill.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

geoewing  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2007 4:08:45 PM(UTC)
geoewing

Had the same problem just today. 4 or 5 year old Gibson used only when we have a large amount of guests. Manuel suggested replace fuse or push reset button, neither of which I could find. Left plugged in, on cold, it started running on its own after about 45 minutes. Thank God, just bought enough meat to feed an army.

Good luck.:)
pgrosskreu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:47:47 PM(UTC)
pgrosskreu

Same problem with my Amana SRD25S5E side by side!! Lights on, the auger for the ice dispenser works, but no fans, compressor-nothing. I found a burnt out heat coil and replaced it, but even after 24 hours no activity.

This one seems like it should be a reset somewhere.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:57:37 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Post your model numbers please. For KitchenAid, model number will do. For Amana, please post both the model number and the mfg number (something like p13545120W).

- Model number locator
pgrosskreu  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2007 9:10:36 PM(UTC)
pgrosskreu

Same problem with my Amana SRD25S5E MFG#P1190302WE side by side!! Lights on, the auger for the ice dispenser works, but no fans, compressor-nothing. I found a burnt out heat coil and replaced it, but even after 24 hours no activity.

This one seems like it should be a reset somewhere.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
mjgarcia944@netzero.com  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2007 10:37:41 AM(UTC)
mjgarcia944@netzero.com

My amana was moved from one room to another and now it doesn't work anymore. The external fan and compressor runs. The fan on the inside doesn't, but when plugged into power it does. It is an amana sxd23vw I'm not sure if you need it, but the other number is p1315301w w. Please help.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 10:17:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi mjgarcia944@netzero.com

How did you move the fridge? Was it upright all the time? What did you mean when you said: "The fan on the inside doesn't, but when plugged into power it does"? We need as much information as possible because you are the only one who can see the product.

To all folks who posted their questions before: there are no reset buttons or fuses in refrigerators. Please be moire specific and post as much information as possible.

Gene.
mjgarcia944@netzero.com  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:10:46 AM(UTC)
mjgarcia944@netzero.com

It was moved from the kitchen to the garage and did not work there after. I then moved it on it's side to my house several months ago. When turned on everything on the unit works except the internal fan, but when plugged to a different power source it does. The unit was not turned on immidiatly we waited about a week.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 7:09:46 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I would check the outlet. Possible it has a reversed polarity which means hot and neutral has been switched around. On the three prong outlet the small one should be hot (120V between neutral and small one).

Gene.
mjgarcia944@netzero.com  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:13:34 PM(UTC)
mjgarcia944@netzero.com

I may have messed up when explaining the situation. We removed the internal fan because it wasn't working then ran a cord to it plugged it in then it worked, but when placed back into the fridge it plays dead. thank you for your time.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply