Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gotavette77  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:19:03 AM(UTC)
Gotavette77

Groups: Registered

The microwave started doing wierd things all by itself, sometimes in the middle of the night. It would begin beeping and want to have the clock time changed but wouldn't accept it. It would go through defrost times, offer slections but would pay no attention to commands. I started by unplugging it for a while and then resetting it and that worked a couple times. Now, I have to bang on the cabinet next to the control pad and that stops the random problems and allows reset. I think the control pad is defective. After resetting, everything works as it should until the evil spirit comes back again. Control pad?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gotavette77  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:23:03 AM(UTC)
Gotavette77

Originally Posted by: Gotavette77 Go to Quoted Post
The microwave started doing wierd things all by itself, sometimes in the middle of the night. It would begin beeping and want to have the clock time changed but wouldn't accept it. It would go through defrost times, offer slections but would pay no attention to commands. I started by unplugging it for a while and then resetting it and that worked a couple times. Now, I have to bang on the cabinet next to the control pad and that stops the random problems and allows reset. I think the control pad is defective. After resetting, everything works as it should until the evil spirit comes back again. Control pad?

Not familiar with this process. Sorry
Gene  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:51:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem is a bad key pad but there is a small chance for the control board to be bad as well. I would replace the key pad first and hopefully it will solve the problem.

You can replace just the membrane switch or the whole panel. The panel is easier to replace but it is more expensive.

- The membrane switch Part number: AP3130765
Part number: AP3130765

- The control panel Part number: AP3673562
Part number: AP3673562

- The control board Part number: AP3130764
jdsteeves  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2009 3:38:57 AM(UTC)
jdsteeves

I just had a service technician come to replace my control panel for the same exact problem. The problem seems to be fixed. However, when he put everything back together the bottom edge of the the membrane switch Part number: AP3130765 is hanging over the outside edge of the stainless steel casing. It doesn't look very nice...and I'm almost certain that this happened while he replaced the control panel. I opened it up to see if i could simply tuck the bottom edge inside so it looks neater..I couldn't find a way to do?

I'm tempted to call the service company and have them come back to fix it....any advice on a simple way to fix this problem without calling the company?
Gene  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:13:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This part is self adhesive and he probably misaligned it. I do not see any way ti fix it. You have to call then back and they have to reorder the part with no charge to you.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply